Issues in the new environment Topic

Posted by gencoimports on 3/31/2018 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by FB_Trap on 3/31/2018 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by matthewjohns on 3/31/2018 1:55:00 AM (view original):
If you guys could just fathom the enormity that seble has undertaken, you'd cut him some slack. It's a one man show as of right now. He's doing a great job.
With respect, matthewjohns, while I do acknowledge the size of the IT mountain seble had to climb having climbed one or two myself, and while I don't wholly lay the problems at his feet--unless he was the one making all the decisions as to how this was done--the fact is we pay for this service and have a right to expect competence from SportsHub. However, the number, scope and seriousness of the problems encountered with the migration, and the fact they all seemed to catch seble off guard, would seem to indicate that SportsHub didn't even do one dry run. In other words, they used us, the customers, as QA testers. And we got to pay them for the privilege. The sick twist is that if they didn't have enough resources (one guy for a mission critical project? Really?) and wanted to use us as testers, they could have set up a test server, done a dry run migration using a backup of the site and opened it to any of us who wanted to dive in and poke around for problems. I suspect many of us, myself included, would have been happy to do so. The result would have been not only a smoother transition of the live server but a quicker one, something that quite possibly could have avoided the wholesale shift in season schedules that will, taking the (ignored) feedback voiced by numerous players, cost SportsHub customers. So, with all of that said, I'll finish by saying that I am generally willing and happy to give amateurs some goodwill and a pass when they make amateurish mistakes. A for-profit company to which I am giving money? Not so much.
Well said. Usually when a IT move is made and there are major issues, you back out of it, Of course that wasn’t followed here,
Yeah I'd guess that is cause they had to be off the old servers by the end of the month.
3/31/2018 8:46 PM
Posted by combalt on 3/31/2018 8:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gencoimports on 3/31/2018 1:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by FB_Trap on 3/31/2018 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by matthewjohns on 3/31/2018 1:55:00 AM (view original):
If you guys could just fathom the enormity that seble has undertaken, you'd cut him some slack. It's a one man show as of right now. He's doing a great job.
With respect, matthewjohns, while I do acknowledge the size of the IT mountain seble had to climb having climbed one or two myself, and while I don't wholly lay the problems at his feet--unless he was the one making all the decisions as to how this was done--the fact is we pay for this service and have a right to expect competence from SportsHub. However, the number, scope and seriousness of the problems encountered with the migration, and the fact they all seemed to catch seble off guard, would seem to indicate that SportsHub didn't even do one dry run. In other words, they used us, the customers, as QA testers. And we got to pay them for the privilege. The sick twist is that if they didn't have enough resources (one guy for a mission critical project? Really?) and wanted to use us as testers, they could have set up a test server, done a dry run migration using a backup of the site and opened it to any of us who wanted to dive in and poke around for problems. I suspect many of us, myself included, would have been happy to do so. The result would have been not only a smoother transition of the live server but a quicker one, something that quite possibly could have avoided the wholesale shift in season schedules that will, taking the (ignored) feedback voiced by numerous players, cost SportsHub customers. So, with all of that said, I'll finish by saying that I am generally willing and happy to give amateurs some goodwill and a pass when they make amateurish mistakes. A for-profit company to which I am giving money? Not so much.
Well said. Usually when a IT move is made and there are major issues, you back out of it, Of course that wasn’t followed here,
Yeah I'd guess that is cause they had to be off the old servers by the end of the month.
gencoimports obviously doesnt work in the software world. Server may have come off warranty. Platform may have had unsustainable patches that Seble was left with. Maybe he had to do a ton of manual tasks that a migration would allow automation for.

In the end WHO GIVES A ****. It worked didn't it??? This was probably one of the better migrations I've seen. Deal with the bugs, let him know what comes up, and he'll gradually work through all the action items.
3/31/2018 9:05 PM
since baseball has always been a "stats" oriented sport, I hope the "league leaders" link gets fixed sooner than later.
3/31/2018 9:32 PM
In GD:
I look at a team where a friend once coached. He is not there now so I want to see where he went or where he is coaching now ?(maybe he moved up?)
So I click his old team to open them up.
Then History so I can click on his name.
Click on his name- Then his name 2nd time and It comes up Http Error 404 !(it should show what teams he has , what worlds he's in , theiir records, etc.)
4/1/2018 7:43 AM
Posted by mojolad on 4/1/2018 7:43:00 AM (view original):
In GD:
I look at a team where a friend once coached. He is not there now so I want to see where he went or where he is coaching now ?(maybe he moved up?)
So I click his old team to open them up.
Then History so I can click on his name.
Click on his name- Then his name 2nd time and It comes up Http Error 404 !(it should show what teams he has , what worlds he's in , theiir records, etc.)
I get the same 404 in HBD & HD as well - anytime trying to access a coach's profile.
4/1/2018 8:07 AM
I live for the "League Leaders Board" if this doesn't get fixed i will not be playing much longer.
4/1/2018 10:15 AM
If you are having issues, I think seble asked that you put in a support ticket, if you haven’t already.
4/1/2018 10:21 AM
NFLSim reportedly fixed but it did not run this morning or this afternoon.
4/1/2018 8:27 PM (edited)
Posted by ff09 on 3/31/2018 9:32:00 PM (view original):
since baseball has always been a "stats" oriented sport, I hope the "league leaders" link gets fixed sooner than later.
Seems to be working now, at least it is for me!
4/2/2018 2:54 AM
NFLSim has failed to run two days in a row and no explanation.
4/2/2018 8:59 AM
When will SIM game end? Was everyday at 2:11 EST
4/2/2018 3:50 PM
It is SIM Football
4/2/2018 3:53 PM
Posted by combalt on 4/2/2018 2:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by ff09 on 3/31/2018 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Seems to be working now, at least it is for me!
Looks like its fixed.
4/2/2018 4:49 PM
Sim Football still has issues including the second half of all games not running.
4/2/2018 6:23 PM
Rename for AAA players now working
4/2/2018 10:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...14|15|16|17 Next ▸
Issues in the new environment Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.