Vlad Guerrero Jr., wearing his dad's #27, with a walk-off home run for the Blue Jays...in Montreal!

Yes, just an exhibition game. Junior turned 19 last week, and will be starting the season with the Double A team. Still!

(By the way, you can click here for MLB 2017 thread).
3/28/2018 12:38 AM
They have a clip comparing his swing to his fathers.

https://mobile.twitter.com/Starting9/status/978837835305439232/photo/1
3/28/2018 12:44 AM
Beautiful. Like father, like son.
3/28/2018 12:55 AM
Yup. Has the power of his Dad. Not the speed, but who does (almost 40/40)?. Will be fun to watch him develop.
3/28/2018 1:23 AM
3/28/2018 3:47 AM
3/28/2018 3:52 AM
Vlad has always been my favorite player hands down , Roberto Clemente & Pete Rose being 2nd & 3rd . Couldn't wish the young man more luck & good health !
3/28/2018 2:26 PM
I go to a lot of New Hampshire Fisher Cats games and I can't wait to watch this guy (and Bo Bichette) play.
3/29/2018 10:25 AM
Pretty noteworthy Opening Day yesterday:

Ian Happ hits a HR on the first pitch of the season

Stanton hits a HR in his first at-bat as a Yankee

Stanton says "Why not another?"

Ohtani smacks his first MLB pitch for a single

Adam Jones hits a walk off HR in the 11th inning

Eduardo Nunez with an inside-the-park job (Kiermaier's already in mid-season form!)

Some guy named Matt Davidson hit 3 HR

Finally, a sweet quote from Blue Jays manager John Gibbons, responding to a question about third baseman Josh Donaldson's arm (JD was lobbing the ball to first base the whole game like an old man trying to get Yankee runners out): "We don't think it's a big deal. It's just dead."
3/30/2018 3:00 PM
Let's get the Pillar-Kiermaier rivalry going again! Check out this highights package of Pillar's 8th inning against the Yankees today: single, steal, steal, steal! Pillar had Betances rattled!
4/1/2018 12:18 AM
Sweet. I don't think a player can initiate anything more exciting. I mean just stealing home is amazing. Adding all 3 back to back is crazy.
4/1/2018 1:40 AM
Most frustrating at-bat I've seen thus far this season:

Bottom of the 6th, Jays trailing White Sox 3-2, runners on 1st and 3rd, nobody out, at the plate is the slumping Randal Grichuk (2-for-27 on the season). Count goes to 3-0, all three pitches way outside the strike zone. I'm thinking walk for sure, bases loaded, no outs. Fourth pitch is again way outside, but incredibly Grichuck was swinging. Fifth pitch also way outside, Grichuk with another swing and a miss. Sixth pitch is down the middle of the plate, with Grichuk's bat perched on his shoulder this time.

Jays did score once more this inning, but ultimately lost 4-3.

Why would a manager give a slumping batter the green light on 3-0 count in this situation? I realize it's early in the season and maybe the intent was to boost the batter's confidence, but this at-bat really took the wind out of the Jays' sails tonight.
4/5/2018 12:23 AM
He Gone!!!
4/5/2018 3:28 AM
Bush league! Twins hire a freakin' eagle to attack Mariners' starting pitcher during the national anthem!

JAMES PAXTON: "The talons, I don't think, punctured me. They were kind of sharp on my back. I don't have any scratches, I don't believe. That's not the first time I've seen a bald eagle, but it was the first time I've had one try to land on me."

FERNANDO RODNEY: "When I saw that, I said, 'Wow.' That's baseball. A lot of things happen."
4/6/2018 12:21 PM
1|2|3...9 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.