Posted by tpistolas on 10/4/2018 3:18:00 PM (view original):
Do we know when the 2018 players will be uploaded?
I was just thinking about this. Last year it seemed to take an extraordinarily long time.
10/4/2018 3:49 PM
Still waiting on last season's NBA players. Hope they tend to baseball in a more timely fashion.
10/4/2018 6:24 PM
Posted by 20ks on 10/4/2018 6:24:00 PM (view original):
Still waiting on last season's NBA players. Hope they tend to baseball in a more timely fashion.
2017-18 Hockey players aren't in the database either.
10/4/2018 8:11 PM
Newbies used to get uploaded a week after the regular season ended. No idea when we can expect the '18 players...

I sent a ticket...I will post once I get a reply.
10/4/2018 9:15 PM (edited)
Tell them adding baseball players should be a priority this time of year!
10/4/2018 9:49 PM
It will be very interesting to see some of the values - with the trends in HR rate, BB rate and K rate at all time highs, and Avg at multi-decade lows, we might see the value in guys that buck those trends be exacerbated. 2017 Jose Ramirez and Altuve are great, particularly because they have high Avg# with below average K rates. Imagine what 2018 Mookie is going to look like in the sim! I think he might be the highest $/PA in over a decade.

likewise, this Degrom season might look like a slightly better version of 2015 Greinke which is lights out in the sim. Degrom had a 1.99 FIP vs 2.76 for Greinke that year - he might cost $11-12mm or more.

beyond that I can't even fashion a guess as to what Blake Treinen or Edwin Diaz will look like - Gagne type value?
10/5/2018 8:30 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by DoctorKz on 10/5/2018 11:58:00 AM (view original):

WhatIfSports Admin (WhatIfSports)

Oct 5, 10:44 AM CDT

We're working hard to catch up on importing the 2017 teams. College Football teams were added on 9/30. The remaining order will be College Basketball, NBA, NHL, then MLB 2018. There's no specific time frame for when a particular sport will be done, but we're hoping to have them all done within the next few months. I apologize for any inconvenience.
BRUTAL!!!
10/5/2018 1:03 PM
Posted by tpistolas on 10/5/2018 8:30:00 AM (view original):
It will be very interesting to see some of the values - with the trends in HR rate, BB rate and K rate at all time highs, and Avg at multi-decade lows, we might see the value in guys that buck those trends be exacerbated. 2017 Jose Ramirez and Altuve are great, particularly because they have high Avg# with below average K rates. Imagine what 2018 Mookie is going to look like in the sim! I think he might be the highest $/PA in over a decade.

likewise, this Degrom season might look like a slightly better version of 2015 Greinke which is lights out in the sim. Degrom had a 1.99 FIP vs 2.76 for Greinke that year - he might cost $11-12mm or more.

beyond that I can't even fashion a guess as to what Blake Treinen or Edwin Diaz will look like - Gagne type value?
Greinke never does well for me. Give me his teammate Kershaw!

As for Treinen, think he’ll almost be as expensive as that one Britton year
10/5/2018 3:12 PM
Posted by DoctorKz on 10/5/2018 11:58:00 AM (view original):

WhatIfSports Admin (WhatIfSports)

Oct 5, 10:44 AM CDT

We're working hard to catch up on importing the 2017 teams. College Football teams were added on 9/30. The remaining order will be College Basketball, NBA, NHL, then MLB 2018. There's no specific time frame for when a particular sport will be done, but we're hoping to have them all done within the next few months. I apologize for any inconvenience.
Based upon this response from Admin, it's going to be a while...:(
10/5/2018 4:07 PM
How can it be that tough to upload a new season? Seems like it would all be based on an existing statistical algorithm and need little actual human tweaking.
10/5/2018 7:17 PM
Posted by ybjsports on 10/5/2018 7:17:00 PM (view original):
How can it be that tough to upload a new season? Seems like it would all be based on an existing statistical algorithm and need little actual human tweaking.
Probably not tough, but as stated before, he’s working on other things right now. He’s a one man show right now and ya gotta keep in mind that he does customer support by himself too.
10/5/2018 8:33 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 10/5/2018 8:33:00 PM (view original):
Probably not tough, but as stated before, he’s working on other things right now. He’s a one man show right now and ya gotta keep in mind that he does customer support by himself too.
This time of year, adding new baseball players into the database needs to be a priority if they want to keep interest in this site.

Never thought I'd say this, but this site was run better under Fox.
10/5/2018 9:29 PM
he's a one man show only holds water for so long.....

you can be impressed with the ER doctor balancing 5 active rooms in one night because 'he's the only doctor on call', but when 3 of them die on the table there might start being some questions
10/6/2018 1:55 AM
Posted by Got_Worms on 10/5/2018 9:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 10/5/2018 8:33:00 PM (view original):
This time of year, adding new baseball players into the database needs to be a priority if they want to keep interest in this site.

Never thought I'd say this, but this site was run better under Fox.
There’s other sports that still don’t have their 2017 players. That seems higher priority to me. Watch postseason baseball while you wait.
10/6/2018 2:34 AM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.