Posted by d_rock97 on 10/6/2018 2:34:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Got_Worms on 10/5/2018 9:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by d_rock97 on 10/5/2018 8:33:00 PM (view original):
Posted by ybjsports on 10/5/2018 7:17:00 PM (view original):
How can it be that tough to upload a new season? Seems like it would all be based on an existing statistical algorithm and need little actual human tweaking.
Probably not tough, but as stated before, he’s working on other things right now. He’s a one man show right now and ya gotta keep in mind that he does customer support by himself too.
This time of year, adding new baseball players into the database needs to be a priority if they want to keep interest in this site.

Never thought I'd say this, but this site was run better under Fox.
There’s other sports that still don’t have their 2017 players. That seems higher priority to me. Watch postseason baseball while you wait.
Then after post-season baseball, watch the NFL regular season, the playoffs and the Super Bowl, and college football and college basketball, the NCAA basketball Tournament, the 2018-2019 NHL and Stanley Cup Finals, and then 2019 spring training baseball.

Don't laugh.... it could happen.
10/6/2018 9:18 AM
I mean, I ain’t trippin
10/6/2018 1:52 PM
Here's a ticket I sent this morning, expressing my feelings:

I have been a member of this site since 2004 and have seen ebbs and flows of changes and improvements, or the lack thereof in those 14 years but the one thing that has always peaked my interest is the release of new players, for every sport, but especially baseball. Another user posted in a forum that the 2018 baseball players are not going to be available for a couple more months. I understand you are the only person running this site but honestly, in the month of October, this needs to be an absolute priority if you want to keep users interested in this site, and ultimately spending money on new teams. At this point, my interest is waning considerably, and if I don't see the 2018 players in the database by the end of the month, I'm done with What If Sports.

Thank you for listening!

10/8/2018 11:34 AM
Sad but true. I don't know how it is for other sports, but the new MLB players drive a lot of theme leagues and a lot of renewed interest in the site.

I can't imagine living without WIS but I'm starting to see a future where I can. I'm still hoping that someday it will be better but I don't know if I can stick it out that long.
10/12/2018 12:35 PM
couple of months for 2018 players??? Wow...the new players were always available within a week of the conclusion of the regular season. I bought a few teams I have just waiting to be drafted right now I guess that is money I threw down the toilet. I think I am pretty much done with WIS. I'm not waiting until next spring training for 2018 players. Amazing!
10/12/2018 12:47 PM
maybe he's not paying for it anymore

has to wait til his vendor gets around to it

free means slow does it not

so maybe slow means free
10/12/2018 5:38 PM
Brewers long reliever takes Kershaw deep in the 3rd. You can only imagine the ******** and moaning from some will-remain-nameless WIS owners if that happened during a SIM game....
10/12/2018 9:23 PM
I can't be the only one that is borderline ready to just leave the site due to not being able to use current players am I?
10/13/2018 1:20 PM
Posted by tribechamp17 on 10/13/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):
I can't be the only one that is borderline ready to just leave the site due to not being able to use current players am I?
Nope! I was trying to reiterate how important it is to add new players to the database in order to keep interest and create new theme leagues. I'm sure the 2017-18 Vegas Golden Knights players would really boost hockey!

Maybe we'll get an early Christmas present for the 2018 baseball players!
10/13/2018 5:04 PM (edited)
I have sent a few sitemails this week and haven't even gotten a response. I buy a 6 pack every two months and sprinkle in a random $13 dollar team from time to time too in-between 6 pack purchases and I know of guys that buy a lot more teams then I do. I can't believe they won't even answer my messages. They must not care much about me as I customer is the conclusion I'm making. Oh well I guess. Maybe I'll get more involved with fantasy sports.
10/16/2018 12:46 AM
Posted by tribechamp17 on 10/16/2018 12:46:00 AM (view original):
I have sent a few sitemails this week and haven't even gotten a response. I buy a 6 pack every two months and sprinkle in a random $13 dollar team from time to time too in-between 6 pack purchases and I know of guys that buy a lot more teams then I do. I can't believe they won't even answer my messages. They must not care much about me as I customer is the conclusion I'm making. Oh well I guess. Maybe I'll get more involved with fantasy sports.
Want to join my Home Grown theme? We need an owner for Cleveland.
10/16/2018 9:56 AM
Got Worms - I'd love to join seems like a cool league. I am a little PO'd at whatifsports right now they won't respond to any of my messages and obviously don't care about me as a customer. Give me a night or so to think on if I want to continue to give WIS my business. If I can get over this whole thing I'll join the league with the Indians.
10/16/2018 6:37 PM
Posted by tribechamp17 on 10/16/2018 6:37:00 PM (view original):
Got Worms - I'd love to join seems like a cool league. I am a little PO'd at whatifsports right now they won't respond to any of my messages and obviously don't care about me as a customer. Give me a night or so to think on if I want to continue to give WIS my business. If I can get over this whole thing I'll join the league with the Indians.
d_rock97 won the World Series with Cleveland last time I ran this theme!
10/17/2018 11:51 AM
The Miami Marlins are expected to announce the signings of Victor Victor Mesa and Victor Mesa Jr., sources told MLB.com's Jesse Sanchez. Victor Victor is expected to sign for more than $5 million, and Victor Jr. is expected to receive a bonus near $1 million.

10/20/2018 5:36 PM
The Marlins have money to spend?!? They didn't even draw 1 million fans!
10/20/2018 9:43 PM
◂ Prev 1...6|7|8|9 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.