demoting a player for post season Topic

I have a stud prospect in AAA right now, but that team is eliminated from post season play. My AA team is in and clinched. Would that player take a ratings hit if I demoted him to AA just so he can play more games in the post season?
3/29/2018 8:14 PM
Yes. Don't do it.
3/29/2018 8:18 PM
Don't do it.
3/30/2018 7:33 PM
I have promoted AAA players to the ML for the playoffs and then demoted them when the ML team has been eliminated. Never got a demotion penalty.

I've come to believe that playoff games do not provide much of a performance boost. Especially when you factor in a player could get a major injury. For that reason, I would not test this on a top prospect. If you want to learn what happens, demote a few career MinL players this way and see what happens.

3/31/2018 8:16 AM
Posted by tufft on 3/31/2018 8:16:00 AM (view original):
I have promoted AAA players to the ML for the playoffs and then demoted them when the ML team has been eliminated. Never got a demotion penalty.

I've come to believe that playoff games do not provide much of a performance boost. Especially when you factor in a player could get a major injury. For that reason, I would not test this on a top prospect. If you want to learn what happens, demote a few career MinL players this way and see what happens.

I do think the interaction between ML/minors is different than between minor league levels. The suggestion to do it on a low level schlub is clever.
3/31/2018 10:02 AM
demoting a player for post season Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.