Starting new worlds these days? Topic

What's WIS's response on starting new worlds these days? Had some thoughts lately about starting a world that addresses my 2 biggest pet peeves:
1. Tanking, and
2. Owners don't reply (or don't reply timely) to trade offers/tc's, don't like trading, just act weird about trading.

Nothing wrong with not liking to trade (or not being able to respond quickly due to rl), I'd just like to be in 1 world (out of 3) where everybody specifically signed on because they like that aspect of the game and can commit to fast replies.
3/31/2018 3:00 PM
Never going to happen when there are worlds that can't fill and end up consolidating with each other.
3/31/2018 3:08 PM
That's been the case for a long time, though. Have there been no new worlds started in the last 3 years?
3/31/2018 7:12 PM
I would be surprised to hear of a world that was created after 2010.
3/31/2018 7:54 PM
Worlds have merged, but I doubt a new world has been created.
4/2/2018 1:55 PM
Best bet is to join established worlds with the strongest MWRs.
4/2/2018 6:28 PM
It seems like the number of people participating is down. That would suggest no/few new worlds. I only found out about this site from a Fangraphs podcast. I wonder if anything is being done to bring in new players...
4/7/2018 1:24 PM
Update on this:

New Public Worlds appear to be generating. Curt Flood opened yesterday and filled within the day. Today I saw Tom Seaver open as well - brand new worlds are a thing again!
4/7/2020 10:41 AM
We will have Curt Seaver world in about 6 months.
4/7/2020 10:58 AM
Yes. I have heard that two Worlds were created. I assume this is to meet the demand of the free team promotion. We'll see how all of that goes. I try not to join public Worlds, but a few fellow owners told me that they are definitely new Worlds because there are no power house teams -- every team is randomly mediocre.
4/7/2020 7:22 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 4/7/2020 10:58:00 AM (view original):
We will have Curt Seaver world in about 6 months.
Ha! Touché.
4/7/2020 7:23 PM
Starting new worlds these days? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.