It's early yet, but... Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Does this include other sports or just baseball? Cuz I’d nominate Tyronn Lue and Mike Tomlin.
4/1/2018 2:07 AM
Juicin'?
4/1/2018 4:30 AM
Who is his bench coach?
4/1/2018 4:38 AM
Posted by d_rock97 on 4/1/2018 2:07:00 AM (view original):
Does this include other sports or just baseball? Cuz I’d nominate Tyronn Lue and Mike Tomlin.
Lue I can definitely see, but I don't know how you put Tomlin anywhere near that list. He's coached for 11 years in a league with general fiscal parity and never had a losing season. I'm not sure I'd call him one of the top 5 coaches in the NFL, but I'm not sure I wouldn't either.
4/1/2018 9:44 AM
Posted by dahsdebater on 4/1/2018 9:44:00 AM (view original):
Lue I can definitely see, but I don't know how you put Tomlin anywhere near that list. He's coached for 11 years in a league with general fiscal parity and never had a losing season. I'm not sure I'd call him one of the top 5 coaches in the NFL, but I'm not sure I wouldn't either.
From a Steeler fan perspective, Tomlin has moments that leave me shaking my head. For the most part though, he's done his job well and I have never hoped he'd be replaced.
4/1/2018 10:36 AM
Posted by donaldjl on 4/1/2018 10:36:00 AM (view original):
From a Steeler fan perspective, Tomlin has moments that leave me shaking my head. For the most part though, he's done his job well and I have never hoped he'd be replaced.
I still feel that they won on superstar talent alone, in spite of the coach. The locker room has become a cancer which resulted in them underperforming, in the regular season and playoffs. So maybe he was good when he was first hired, back when I didn’t give two ***** about football, but that’s what I’ve noticed to last 3-4 years.
4/1/2018 2:12 PM
Posted by d_rock97 on 4/1/2018 2:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by donaldjl on 4/1/2018 10:36:00 AM (view original):
I still feel that they won on superstar talent alone, in spite of the coach. The locker room has become a cancer which resulted in them underperforming, in the regular season and playoffs. So maybe he was good when he was first hired, back when I didn’t give two ***** about football, but that’s what I’ve noticed to last 3-4 years.
There have been 100 coaches who have coached 100+ games in NFL history ... only 10 of them have a better career winning percentage than Mike Tomlin.
Mike Tomlin has a better career winning percentage than all of the following coaches:

Bill Cowher
Bud Grant+
Joe Gibbs+
Marty Schottenheimer
Bill Walsh+
Tom Landry+
Andy Reid
Sean Payton
Mike Holmgren
John Harbaugh
Pete Carroll
Hank Stram+
Don Coryell
Bill Parcells+
Chuck Noll+

It is really hard to see how you could call a coach with that kind of record 'one of the worst coaches'

He may not be a particularly good 'in game' coach (and some of his in game decisions are often head scratching) sure seems like he's doing something else right though.

BTW if you up the number of games coached there are 59 coaches who coached more than 150 games, only 6 of them have a better winning percentage than Tomlin 5 of them are HOF coaches and the 6th is Belichick
4/1/2018 2:37 PM
IDGAF about any of that. The fact of the matter is that this is a complete disaster for the Phils!
4/1/2018 3:32 PM
Posted by sjpoker on 4/1/2018 3:32:00 PM (view original):
IDGAF about any of that. The fact of the matter is that this is a complete disaster for the Phils!
As a Pittsburgher, I think that's great.
4/1/2018 3:57 PM
Posted by donaldjl on 4/1/2018 3:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by sjpoker on 4/1/2018 3:32:00 PM (view original):
As a Pittsburgher, I think that's great.
1979 was a loooonnggg time ago.
4/1/2018 4:41 PM
We take our wins wherever we can get 'em.
4/1/2018 5:31 PM
two games in

dumb thread
4/1/2018 5:47 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 4/1/2018 5:47:00 PM (view original):
two games in

dumb thread
Three games. Have you been following all the idiocy??
4/1/2018 6:57 PM
The Mariners look legit.
4/1/2018 7:00 PM
12 Next ▸
It's early yet, but... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.