I am pumped because if I continue my current pace of posting, i can catch his post count in 58 years. I'll be 100.
4/3/2018 4:33 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 4/1/2018 1:55:00 PM (view original):
This game is slowly dying. Banning mike was a poor move.
I think it's the best move they have made in years. He was toxic to the forums and, while there is no way to prove it, I certain he drove people away form the forums because of his ability to ruin discussions. It certainly wasn't all his fault but i think the overall tone of the forums has improved dramatically since he left.

I also find it funny it took 3 weeks before anyone actually said something. I am willing to bet dozens of people didn't want jinx it!
4/3/2018 4:37 PM
Posted by bronxcheer on 4/1/2018 5:00:00 PM (view original):

WIfs meetup at Wrigley----MikeT is the lard *** on the right, Kermit is wearing the dorky hat
If this is legit, MikeT looks exactly what I thought he would look like. Frankly its creepy.
4/3/2018 8:43 PM (edited)
Legit. Kermit looks exactly like I thought. An actuary wearing a cheap baseball hat.

4/3/2018 8:48 PM
I assumed Mike was a tad more fit after he would talk about going to the gym all the time and the supplements he would take to enhance his softball skills.

I guess you need to do more than climb the stairmaster for 20 minutes while you're there. Pro tip.
4/3/2018 8:54 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/3/2018 4:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 4/1/2018 1:55:00 PM (view original):
This game is slowly dying. Banning mike was a poor move.
I think it's the best move they have made in years. He was toxic to the forums and, while there is no way to prove it, I certain he drove people away form the forums because of his ability to ruin discussions. It certainly wasn't all his fault but i think the overall tone of the forums has improved dramatically since he left.

I also find it funny it took 3 weeks before anyone actually said something. I am willing to bet dozens of people didn't want jinx it!
This. While Mike didn't scare me away from the forums, whenever I saw him post in a thread, I knew there was a better-than-good chance the thread had devolved from the original point into personal attacks. He did more harm than good.
4/4/2018 1:02 AM
To hell with Mike T. Don't let em take your guns.
4/4/2018 8:41 PM
I want to start by saying that it gives me immense pleasure (yes, I said pleasure) as somebody with zero current teams to post in this very thread because MikeT, the man with only one team but a million terrible opinions, thought that only active coaches should be able to participate in these forums.

That being said, he was a plague upon this house. Of all the users that could be said to have truly been a detriment to the HD community, its my opinion that he stood alone. Hell, other prolific users at least left something worthwhile in their wake -- kernels eventually came around and then managed to actually ingratiated himself into the hearts of most coaches...etta not only managed to bring the entire HD community together in a way that will probably never happen again but also managed to produce the largest outpouring of collective user knowledge in the process...and Only (who I know will see this, mad love, but its true) at least taught us a collective life lesson about unbridled passion and pure destruction.

But Mike - through sheer unrelenting repetition, unwillingness to engage in any substantive argument, disingenuousness, unearned sense of authority, and pure uncut smarminess - managed to systemically degrade conversation across the boards in a way that I don't think a lot of people realize. I couldn't imagine making thousands upon thousands upon thousands of posts somewhere then having the vast majority of users who I personally interacted with label me as some shade of 'toxic'.

And that's the thing about toxicity...events like Chernobyl are largely the exception...its the small consistent exposures over long periods of time that bring the party to a halt long before people are ready to go home.
4/5/2018 1:09 AM
"unbridled passion and pure destruction"

I like that.

So are you coming back Nacho?
4/5/2018 8:22 AM
mike's posts wouldn't have been half as bad if he didn't insist on putting every sentence into it's own separate post....sometimes like 5+ in a row on a thread. since he insisted on commenting on literally everything, this made even the reasonable discussions unreadable.

honestly it was a big deterrent for me wanting to read the forums.
4/5/2018 9:06 AM
Not a fan of the r-word, and I’m not going to defend his free use of it in public forum. Choices have consequences, and Mike is a grown up, he can deal with the consequences.

But the HD forums have been “toxic” since long before Mike got here.
4/5/2018 10:10 AM
Shoe : It hasn't been toxic at all since he got banned. It's kinda of respectful, we've discussed stuff without getting into personal stuff, without insults. It's refreshing and I think It will get more people into the game.
4/5/2018 11:23 AM
Was Mike Perma-Banned/
4/5/2018 11:50 AM
I guess everyone has a different view of what is “toxic”. To me, toxic refers to something that isn’t healthy. A healthy forum would feature good dialogue between people with various different views, and perspectives. Unhealthy, or “toxic” forums quickly devolve into personal attacks (direct or passive), and/or try to foster discontent or bad feelings, rather than encouragement and support. This thread is pretty “toxic”. It involves a bunch of personal attacks made against someone people know isn’t going to be able to respond. “Sky is Falling” threads are toxic, and I doubt we’ve seen the last of those.

Healthy would be the community simply moving on without the people who choose to leave.
4/5/2018 11:54 AM
Posted by The Taint on 4/5/2018 11:50:00 AM (view original):
Was Mike Perma-Banned/
Not likely, he could probably have been reinstated, if he agreed to some conditions and showed contrition (yeah, not his style). My impression is that his choice to stop playing (HBD is obviously a bigger deal than HD for him) is mostly an issue he has with Seble’s handling of the complaint against him, making it personal.
4/5/2018 11:58 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.