Only 27 Live Coaches in Stagg D2 :( Topic

Only 27 Live Coaches in Stagg D2 :(
4/2/2018 11:32 AM
24 in Camp D2.

There's only 37 humans in D1-A in Dobie.
4/2/2018 11:36 AM
Is this game dying or is it fake news?!
4/2/2018 11:42 AM
It's in transition. There are people either dropping out or dropping teams because of the current problems.
But these are problems that occur with a large computer transition like we've had. I believe all or most of problems will be worked out and Advertizing will bring more people in along with "deals" like a free or cheap team to try a game.
People don't understand (or maybe give a damn) how much work this transition is and I believe it is being done by one person.
He probably has too much vested(what he paid to FoxSports for Wis) to let it die.
I do agree with another poster I saw that guessed he would probably let some games die(why not if they can't make money ?).
But I don't think GD is dying. Just going through rough patch.
4/2/2018 2:12 PM
The most current levels per gdreports have D1 at their 3rd highest level in the past 11 seasons, D1AA at their 3rd highest, D2 at the 6th highest, and D3 at the lowest level in 11 seasons. Overall we are sitting at the 6th highest number of teams out of the past 11 seasons. The prior season totals for all worlds combined was the 2nd highest overall in the last 11 seasons, with the most number of coaches in 1A and 1AA over that period.

It looks like the normal post-football fall off, but the low number of D3 coaches could be concerning for the future.

The hard part is that there is some tipping point where people don't stay. If you are a human manager in D2 and you have played a few seasons and haven't made the playoffs...you probably aren't going to enjoy the game too much. Plus recruiting gets more frustrating the more humans are in a league. I think if they combined leagues, people would drop out and the leagues would return to historic sizes.
4/2/2018 5:16 PM
Recruiting is easier the more humans there are, if you know what you are doing. I hate sims
4/2/2018 10:35 PM
I joined. Took West Alabama, should be fun.
4/3/2018 7:54 AM
Everyone wanted to run tigerpark off and including his other alleged ID's. Now there is a complaint with a low number of live coaches.

4/3/2018 6:11 PM
Good one, Durango.
4/3/2018 8:22 PM
Wasn't that in Leahy?
4/4/2018 1:25 AM
Only 27 Live Coaches in Stagg D2 :( Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.