Recruiting Learning Curve Topic

I recruited 45 players for 2 teams last season and didn't get a single SKY recruit. This year I got 2 out of 10 recruits. My own AD said I had the worst recruiting class in the conference. I guess the reports don't count potential.
4/3/2018 9:44 PM
Nope
4/3/2018 10:38 PM
Getting 2 with limited budget (10 school) sounds pretty lucky. I have had 1 SKY in seven seasons of DIAA and 3 SKY total in thirteen seasons overall. I'm guessing 1% of recruits have that potential.
4/4/2018 5:58 AM
They are like Hen's teeth . Rare as hell.
4/4/2018 7:49 AM
Last year, I recruited 28 players for one team and 17 for another and never saw a SKY player. This season on a Division 3 team with only 10 spots to recruit, I couldn't believe I got 2. One is a DL who is already about a 39.5. The other is a DB who is only around a 33. The thing I like is both start with work ethics over 50. I'm redshirting and curious to see what they'll be as seniors.
4/4/2018 8:43 AM
Additionally, the AD reports are based on the TOTAL scores of all the players (not ratings) added up together. A school with 17 recruits is going to rate better than a school with 12 recruits, even if the school with 12 signed the best 12 players in the country.
4/4/2018 9:50 AM
I have not seen a STL recruit in quite a while. many, many seasons.....

And, Bob is right on the mark...those AD reports are horse ****...just window dressing. Ignore all that fluff.
4/5/2018 3:00 PM
I liked it when my other team got the number 1 recruiting class in the country, but I think it may be because I recruited 28 players. I'm really looking forward to seeing how my two STLs do. I was fortunate to be able to recruit both.
4/6/2018 10:37 AM
All STL means is that he has the ability to rise as high as he can within the parameters of his WE and playing time. But if his WE is low or his starting numbers are low he may not be any better than some other player.
4/6/2018 2:59 PM
Posted by cpspalding on 4/4/2018 8:43:00 AM (view original):
Last year, I recruited 28 players for one team and 17 for another and never saw a SKY player. This season on a Division 3 team with only 10 spots to recruit, I couldn't believe I got 2. One is a DL who is already about a 39.5. The other is a DB who is only around a 33. The thing I like is both start with work ethics over 50. I'm redshirting and curious to see what they'll be as seniors.
The ratings of 39.5 and 33 are a little low, but they'll have tremendous growth. With WE over 50 and redshirting, they'll turn out to be pretty good. Make sure and start them every game of their career. Every game.

About WE and STL
D3 recruits with WE above 70 with high potential are great, but they don't compare to any STL recruit with decent WE. A while back, some guy did some research on this.
Check it out: Experiment: STL vs High Potential w/High WE Topic
4/7/2018 1:34 AM (edited)
I think the key is convictions rather than work ethic and potential.

My boyz must absolutely be illiterate on the defensive front, while my lbs ramble all night at the strip clubs

My qb has a personal number to Johnnie Manzell, and my rbs are some of the best gang bangers in the city

When not liftin weights or fightin, the TAT parlor is kept runnin all night

lots of cash under table, and team study sessions involve others doin the work while the boyz shoot pool

Get a team like that, pay off some of the local "50" and title town is around the corner

God Bless the OLES
4/7/2018 10:13 AM
Lol. We should have that post pinned to top of gd forums .
4/7/2018 10:46 AM
I agree miamijefe. In my limited experience in D3, STL players growth more each season than good potential, who grow more than average. I remember specifically two OL, one 2 potential with 20+ higher WE and 1 3 potential with 20 lower WE. Both starting Soph-Sen year. Every season, the 3 potential grew more than the 2.

Also agree, start STL every game. I had a 41/42ish overall lb STL reach 68 by his senior season starting him every game. He grew 6/7 points every year
4/7/2018 1:27 PM
Recruiting Learning Curve Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.