Win By Losing...can you? -waitlist Topic

Anybody can lose a game; we all lose more than we intend to every season, but how many can you lose when everyone is trying to lose? Deathinahole ran this for years, and I wanna see if we can make it fly again...

Rules:
$80m cap
We employ a spending floor. You must spend at least $75m with a:
Minimum of $30m on offense; and a
Minimum of $30m on pitching.
We will use a minimum requirement of 4,800PA/162 and 1,200IP/162 for team building.

Injuries will be on
No clones, DH, WW, trades, or AAA
Use any stadium
Random realignment, but see note below...

Each owner will need to submit a $10 gift card before the league begins. If you don't submit a gift card you won't get the league # (instructions to follow)

For playoff & GC eligibility:
All hitters must accumulate at least 75 sim PA
All pitchers must accumulate at least 25 sim IP

Playoffs will be made up of the 8 worst records in the league.(4 worst from both NL and AL). However, once the playoffs start, it will be the team that wins the series, not loses it, that advances.

First tiebreaker will be worst h2h record, 2nd tiebreaker is most runs surrendered h2h. If that isn't enough, then worst overall run differential gets the nod.

Gift Card Distribution:

Worst record: 7
Next worst: 5
3rd worst: 4

Additional Notes:
If you want to play but want to field a team to try to win (to pad your user record, or try to go 162-0 or whatever...) please let me know up front. This is so I can try to make the alignment as fair as possible by putting a winning team in each league or division, etc... depending on how many we have, so some losing teams aren't at a disadvantage because their league has no teams trying to win and the other league has 3 of them.
7/14/2018 9:28 PM (edited)
1. DoctorKz
2. Ozomatli - playing to win
3. Brianjw
4. Barracuda3
5. Ozomatli
6. CLWECW
7. Donburgh
8. Tdoak
9. Batgems - win
10. Schwarze - win
11. Northof49
12. Yanks250125
13. Cuppie1
14. Tridentric
15. Ixious
16. Barracuda3 to win
Waitlist

Sitemail list
DoctorKz;Ozomatli;Brianjw;Barracuda3;CLWECW;Donburgh;Tdoak;Batgems;Schwarze;Northof49;
Yanks250125;Cuppie1;Tridentric;Ixious
7/14/2018 9:15 PM (edited)
Not as easy as you might think. Every pitching staff will get lit up. But you have to build a real stinker...it has to peel the wallpaper in the bathroom...
4/5/2018 11:48 PM (edited)
Ozomatli is in. Is playing to win...
ozomatli
To:
DoctorKz
Received:
4/5/2018 10:50:00 PM
Subject:
RE: Return of Deathinahole's Failure gets you 7
I will play but I will build a team to win games
4/5/2018 11:17 PM (edited)
I don't mind if some of you want to play to win, but that just shrinks the field for us trying to lose...our odds get better...and you won't go to the postseason if you aren't one of the 8 worst records...
4/5/2018 11:02 PM
brianjw
To:
DoctorKz
Received:
4/6/2018 9:36:00 AM
Subject:
RE: Return of Deathinahole's Failure gets you 7
I'd love to be part of this. I'll be trying to lose.
4/6/2018 9:42 AM
I am very interested in this theme. However, I am concerned about the way the prizes are structured if there end up being an odd number of teams trying to win. I think that if one league has an extra team trying to win then the teams in that league who are trying to lose will, all else being equal, get an extra 5 or 6 losses over the course of the season, which I think is an unfair "advantage".

In the case of an odd number of "trying to win" teams, I think it would be more fair to assign the prizes per league. In other words, something like 6 GCs for the worst record in each league, 3 for the 2nd worst in each league, and 2 for the 3rd worst.

Regardless, I love the idea of this theme, so please put me down for a losing team for now, although I may switch to a winning team if it looks like there will be an odd number of such teams.

4/6/2018 10:10 AM
I am hoping to get an even number of teams that try to "win", for parity's sake...
4/6/2018 10:46 AM
I will also put in a team that is trying to lose
4/6/2018 11:11 AM
I'd also be willing to enter one of each if that would make the number of "winning" teams even.
4/6/2018 2:06 PM
Posted by barracuda3 on 4/6/2018 2:06:00 PM (view original):
I'd also be willing to enter one of each if that would make the number of "winning" teams even.
Noted...
4/6/2018 2:33 PM
We will use a minimum 4,800PA and 1,200IP. You do have to use at least $75M when building your hot mess...
4/6/2018 9:17 PM (edited)
CLWECW is in via sitemail
4/6/2018 11:09 PM
in. Trying to lose.
4/7/2018 4:29 PM
Welcome, Mr. Black...should be fun
4/7/2018 4:37 PM
123456 Next ▸
Win By Losing...can you? -waitlist Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.