Seems under suspicious circumstances I'm 0-10 in my last VH vs. H/H vs VH with both of my teams with 3 of those having a 70% chance of winning. Let's say the odds being 50/50 for arguments sake, despite having the most of my battles with at least a 50% chance of winning, odds of losing 10 in a row are 1024 to 1, but would say considering all the battles it's closer to 1,500 to 1.

Not to mention some interesting losses with my Kansas team, this past season. One where I was a #5 seed and lost, that by itself is understandable, and another game where another team hit a halfcourt shot to send it into OT. Hmmm.

Also, just had the #54 overall as a sophomore get drafted where the previous 8 sophomores ahead of me not get drafted.

I'm thinking someone is taking revenge of the WE glitch and me being outspoken against seble.
4/8/2018 10:17 PM (edited)
If I ended up losing my next 4 battles, the odds would jump to just over 16,000 to 1. That's not a coincidence.

I know it sounds like some crazy rant, but it's hard not to have those thoughts in the back of your mind.
4/8/2018 10:24 PM (edited)
They could never find a way to program this into the game, but Wiz I wish you better luck quickly!
4/8/2018 10:39 PM
I'd say how stupid your suspicions are but I'm afraid it might cause me to lose my next recruiting battle !!
4/8/2018 10:57 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mullycj on 4/8/2018 10:57:00 PM (view original):
I'd say how stupid your suspicions are but I'm afraid it might cause me to lose my next recruiting battle !!
Actually, it would probably help your cause if there was any type of conspiracy going on, since you would be on seble's side going up against me. You would probably lose your next recruiting battle if you agreed with me. I see your point now, actually made me laugh.

I guess it's stupid, because there would be no way to prove it, unless seble admitted to it.

But maybe if it's come to that point, it's time to move on from the game? And if there is no conspiracy, by the example above, you can get a sense of how much luck plays a part in this game. But then again, there are coaches with multiple championships, so how much does luck really play a part?
4/8/2018 11:06 PM
I've lost the vast majority of battles I've been in, where the odds say I should have won a few more.

I just figure the bagmen I have surrounding my programs aren't closing the deal :P
4/9/2018 9:05 AM
I have also lost many battles...

OMG they're after me too!

This is why Spud uses fake accounts. Gotta stay off the grid or the man will get you.
4/9/2018 9:09 AM
"I see your point now, actually made me laugh."

Was hoping you would see the irony in the statement.
4/9/2018 9:27 AM
when you lose a battle just keeping hitting F5, it'll eventually change
4/9/2018 9:36 AM
I'm all in on this theory. Wiz - do you hear clicks when you're on your landline? Are you being followed?? Do you think this might be a Fight Club scenario where your psyche was broken when you chose to be a big fat cheater and refused to acknowledge it, and there's some Tyler Durden version of you intentionally tanking your recruiting efforts???
4/9/2018 11:17 AM
He got bad luck, but I doubt they intervene in any games, it's the odds, and sometimes the odds do strange things. It will even out in the long run, right now, you are totally unlucky. I hated it so much at Alabama Tarkanian, I gave up on the team. I had lost close to 10 in a row and was unable to push the program forward. I still could get players, was .500 competitive in SEC, but losing key players over and over again is demoralizing.
4/9/2018 11:22 AM
you need to upgrade to a platinum subscription, which includes the recruiting RNG modifier
4/9/2018 2:22 PM
I find it odd that everyone has bad luck with recruiting, where are the guys that win 10 straight battles?
4/9/2018 6:15 PM
It has to be about you doesn't it wiz. Why can't it be about Phog Allen and Larry Bird?
4/10/2018 12:31 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.