For those dissapointed in recruiting..... Topic

Posted by billscnb on 4/12/2018 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 4/12/2018 2:18:00 PM (view original):
Posted by gator92 on 4/11/2018 9:13:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MonsterTurtl on 4/10/2018 5:45:00 PM (view original):
Why isn’t he scoring more? A guy with his ratings could easily be getting like 20-25 a game especially with you running Triangle.
I am spreading out distribution because I have a good 2 guard and big men. He is at 5 assists a game. Would love to hear if you think I could be getting more out of him and my team and how I might go about doing that. Thx
IMO, you could nudge him up a little without losing efficiency in triangle. 30 ppg is crazy talk, but closer to 20 would be reasonable. Personally, I’d probably set them to default at about 10-7-7-4-1 most nights, with the lowest distribution going to whoever is matched up against the projected teeth of the defense between Prahl and Neely. I doubt your setup is drastically different, and I don’t really see a compelling reason to change, unless you wanted to get him an award, or something.
Is 10-7-7-4-1 the ideal setup for all triangle offenses? Have two triangle teams and have never used it before
Not necessarily, I don’t think there is an ideal for any set, although I do think there is an ideal balance for a given lineup within a set. One of my triangle teams is currently set at 12-10-7-3-1. If I have a single primary scorer in triangle, I usually look to get him between 33-50% of the shots while he’s on the floor. If he’s much better than the other options, it tends toward the upper end. Beyond that, I play it by ear.
4/12/2018 3:46 PM
Posted by billscnb on 4/12/2018 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Why isn’t he scoring more? A guy with his ratings could easily be getting like 20-25 a game especially with you running Triangle.
I am spreading out distribution because I have a good 2 guard and big men. He is at 5 assists a game. Would love to hear if you think I could be getting more out of him and my team and how I might go about doing that. Thx
IMO, you could nudge him up a little without losing efficiency in triangle. 30 ppg is crazy talk, but closer to 20 would be reasonable. Personally, I’d probably set them to default at about 10-7-7-4-1 most nights, with the lowest distribution going to whoever is matched up against the projected teeth of the defense between Prahl and Neely. I doubt your setup is drastically different, and I don’t really see a compelling reason to change, unless you wanted to get him an award, or something.
Is 10-7-7-4-1 the ideal setup for all triangle offenses? Have two triangle teams and have never used it before
Thanks. i upped my usage slightly and we will see what happens. Appreciate the feedback.
4/13/2018 5:37 PM
Posted by oldwarrior on 4/12/2018 10:29:00 AM (view original):
there definitely are some out there. This guy was also listed as a D2 recruit.
with that beginning 35 WE it took a while to reach potentials.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerHistory/RatingsHistory.aspx?pid=3606887
Phenomenal!
4/13/2018 5:39 PM
It's probably too late in the game but around 25-30 is not crazy at d2 for a player like this. In Phelan D2 I have a very similar player who averaged 28 points on decent efficiency. The player actually has much higher bh and pass than my player also. I guess the difference would be playing pg vs sg.

Off topic, but, what exactly is the difference between motion and triangle from a stats perspective?
4/13/2018 10:41 PM
The only thing about recruiting that I’m disappointed in is the amount of times ‘High’ teams beat out ‘Very High’ teams. I’m starting to think I’d rather be the ‘High’ team at this point.
4/16/2018 7:05 AM
After going 0-6 in those battles the last couple of seasons...no you dont....
4/19/2018 6:11 PM
◂ Prev 12
For those dissapointed in recruiting..... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.