Recruiting at D-IAA Topic

Greetings --

I am a newbie at I-AA and am noticing that there are many players in my vision that are now being recruited by I-A teams.

Can I compete with them fairly or if I am on a player that also has a I-A team, is that a lost cause?

Any feedback would be lovely.

Thanks in advance!!!
4/10/2018 1:06 PM
Tread lightly...

Do research into the team that has grabbed your target.

Not to give away all the secrets but 1AA is the trickiest level
4/10/2018 1:28 PM
I have heard that it is next to impossible to knock 1A sims off recruits when you are a 1AA school. I have not tested this as I don't want to find out the hard way it is true.
4/10/2018 1:46 PM
thansk guys
4/10/2018 2:08 PM
The importance of recruiting at the D-1AA level is patience. It is not uncommon to spend $$$ early on a recruit that has D1 potential only to have a human coached D1 school swoop down and sign the recruit, which falls well within the guidelines of fair play.

To sign a D1 prospect on a sim team takes somewhere between 16K-24K, so keep that in mind when creating your recruiting budget. Also, keep in mind that if a human coached D1 school wants a prospect he can and will outspend you, not to mention a recruit is more apt to sign with a D1 program than D-1AA which is only natural.

Bottom line.
Choose your battles wisely.
Do not tip your hand too early.
Cut your losses early because my experience is a human coached D1 program holds all the cards.

4/10/2018 2:20 PM
As albright73 has posted. Very good info. Beating division 1A sims can be done(waregl72), but keep the dollar/effort factor into play, it will take a lot of it......
4/11/2018 7:30 PM
You can knock a D1A team off, but it takes some doing. My first year at D1AA I out bid NC State for who is now my starting QB. And I've beaten D1A teams out for other recruits as well. I'm not sure what the trick was, but I'm thinking you gotta give a lot of money to it, and or offer starting spots.
4/13/2018 7:06 PM
Posted by waregl72 on 4/10/2018 1:46:00 PM (view original):
I have heard that it is next to impossible to knock 1A sims off recruits when you are a 1AA school. I have not tested this as I don't want to find out the hard way it is true.
This statement is not true. You can totally knock off a 1A SIM if you are IAA. It just takes some more $$ as others have mentioned. I have however found it "next to impossible" to knock off a human coached 1A recruit, but it can be done in the later days of recruiting if you can wait out a coach who doesn't intend to sign that recruit.
4/15/2018 4:26 PM
Recruiting at D-IAA Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.