2017-18 Player Release Topic

If you go the the SportsHub site and then to Contact Us, WIS is an option in the pulldown menu. Only place on the entire site it is mentioned.
Please go there and send them something, to try to save this site.
7/2/2018 11:02 AM
Posted by all3 on 7/2/2018 11:02:00 AM (view original):
If you go the the SportsHub site and then to Contact Us, WIS is an option in the pulldown menu. Only place on the entire site it is mentioned.
Please go there and send them something, to try to save this site.
Thank you very much all3. Hopefully this information will wind up being quite useful. Here is the message I sent to them:

"I have been playing sim games on the whatifsports.com website since 2006. There are plenty of Fantasy sites spread out across the internet but true sports simulation sites, done right, are a rarity. Your company has a tremendous asset in its grasp and seem to be squandering it away just like Fox did.

Shame on them but it doesn't have to be shame on you. Please understand how unique and dedicated the customers on whatifsports.com are and always have been. But we're dropping like proverbial flies because of broken promises and unfulfilled expectations. Please, for the love of everything holy, take a closer look at our beloved website and make a decision. Either cut bait and close the whole thing down or, preferably, allocate more resources to improve the site. Anything is better than the status quo...running in place listening to the crickets' incessant chirping.

Cordially,

Christopher M. Young"
7/2/2018 3:37 PM
Hopefully others will take a minute or two (literally) to follow our lead. It can't hurt anything and it's free.
7/2/2018 4:22 PM
Well, for what it's worth, I did receive this reply in my email box:

"Christopher,

Thanks for the message. We’re currently working on some integrations with the SportsHub network. After that’s complete, we’ll be catching up on adding 2017 players for the various games, and then planning out other updates to the site."

And then as I just logged on, I noticed there was a discussion on the forums about this very matter. So talk about your crazy timing. Let's hope it has been worth the wait.

7/3/2018 2:57 PM
Seble's new thread coincided with me getting this response: We’re actually working on integration with the SportsHub network of sites right now. Soon you’ll see the results of that work. Beyond that, you can expect more work to be done on game/site improvements, since most of the transition/integration work will be done.

Maybe things are getting done. Guess we'll see shortly.
7/3/2018 3:01 PM
If the 17-18 players aren't out by the time football kicks off, I'll be using my remaining credits in the progressives I'm in, including the one I'm in, then I'm out the door.
7/3/2018 4:47 PM
Posted by all3 on 7/2/2018 4:22:00 PM (view original):
Hopefully others will take a minute or two (literally) to follow our lead. It can't hurt anything and it's free.
I did just that (thanks for taking the lead), and added a little SimLive twist - very encouraging response.

"Thanks for the message. We’re currently working on some integrations with the SportsHub network. After that’s complete, we’ll be catching up on adding 2017 players for the various games, and then planning out other updates to the site.

As for Live, we would have to rebuild that application in newer technology to bring it back. There’s no timetable for that currently, but we’d certainly like to do it at some point."

7/3/2018 4:55 PM
and then
7/25/2018 5:15 PM
Now that the integration process seems to be done, those 17-18 players should be released any moment now..
Right guys....?
7/29/2018 2:25 AM
to borrow from a piece of human garbage: womp womp
7/29/2018 1:34 PM
August 2, no college basketball player updates. Nice!
8/2/2018 6:56 PM
Seble,

Please add the 17-18 NBA players today.

Thank you.
8/3/2018 10:44 AM
17-18 players pretty please with sugar!
8/8/2018 12:57 AM
Wow, just killing any chance of enthusiasm, and we see that communication has again gone silent. What sucks, is WIS with its new platform and all, is about to lose two dozen more owners who had drafted before last year's NBA season with the intent of simming the results... as we have for a few years. The new season is just about on us, and we don't even have players inputed from last year. But hey, what's another 24 current customers lost?
8/8/2018 4:15 PM

I'll tip my hat to the new constitution
Take a bow for the new revolution
Smile and grin at the change all around
Pick up my guitar and play
Just like yesterday
Then I'll get on my knees and pray

We don't get fooled again

or to quote Denny Green:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=SWmQbk5h86w

8/8/2018 5:35 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
2017-18 Player Release Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.