Stats calculator Topic

Posted by shaf5576 on 4/14/2018 7:09:00 PM (view original):
I have a google spreadsheet that I use for scoring efficiency. Here's a link to a copy of it if you're interested.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BUWhYJpQuXcA-RRaHzONElLf3fsch92IL5V2-0L8g_o/edit?usp=sharing

Enter your team ID in the upper left corner. It reads the stats from the team page so it would be pretty easy to add columns for rebound rate or whatever else you want.
Thanks for sharing this!
4/16/2018 2:44 PM
How do you set up the autopull of stats?
4/16/2018 3:15 PM
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, it won't let me change the Id. Trying from my phone.
4/16/2018 3:20 PM
Posted by nacorwin on 4/16/2018 3:15:00 PM (view original):
How do you set up the autopull of stats?
=importhtml("http://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Stats.aspx?tid="&A1,"table",2)

Put this formula into the cell that will be the upperleftmost corner of the table.
Change A1 if you are going to put the team ID in a cell other thatn A1.
If you're not going to change the team, you can also change the first part of the formula to "...aspx?tid=1111" , putting your team ID rather than 1111.
4/16/2018 3:57 PM (edited)
Posted by cardman17 on 4/16/2018 3:20:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, it won't let me change the Id. Trying from my phone.
Do you have the Google sheets app installed on your phone? Without it I think you can view but not edit. Not sure though.
4/16/2018 3:56 PM
pdxblazer ... don't quite follow the logic on the rebounding rate formula. I think (for me...may just be pref, or my ignorance) it looks something like this;
= N4 / ( (W4/40) * ($N$15+$N$16) )
= Player Rebounds / (Rebound Available during his time on the court)
= Player Rebounds / ( (% of game player plays on avg) * (total rebounds available) )
There are a few minor assumptions built in (1) balls are shot and missed at the same rate each minute of the game, (2) games are always 40 min, (3) no adjustment for quality of opponents played against during that players time on the court.

When you sum up the whole team you may get more or less than 100% but that number should correlate to your teams overall rbd % (team rebounds / opponent rebounds)

EDIT: I guess assumption 2 can be taken care of by replacing (W4/40) w/ (W4 / (sum($F$4:$F$14) / 5))
4/16/2018 4:53 PM (edited)
Yeah there are definitely some flaws it's not perfect. You have to work with some of those assumptions when dealing with only the season totals given. I like the suggestion for 2)
4/16/2018 5:08 PM
I was about to tell you guys to check out my sheet and see how I did Reb % but someone has already messed it all up haha

But here's how I do it. I'll try to fix it so you guys can use it.

O Reb% = Offensive Rebounds/ (Minutes%*(Team Offensive rebounds+ (Opponent Total Rebounds - Opponent Offensive Rebounds)))

Def Reb%= (Total Rebounds - Offensive Rebounds)/ (Minutes%*((Team Total Rebounds - Team Offensive Rebounds)+Opponent Offensive Rebounds))
4/16/2018 5:33 PM
Benis I love it, but you'd have to fill in all the game logs to get some of those stats like offensive boards. I just dont have the time
4/16/2018 6:19 PM
Posted by pdxblazerfan on 4/16/2018 6:19:00 PM (view original):
Benis I love it, but you'd have to fill in all the game logs to get some of those stats like offensive boards. I just dont have the time
I already did all work for you bro!

Check it out. Here is your Columbus St Team.

Took me about 1 min to copy the two game log tables and your individual stat table. Super easy. You could probably combine it with the importhtml to make it even easier but still, only takes about a minute.
4/16/2018 6:26 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/16/2018 6:26:00 PM (view original):

Took me about 1 min to copy the two game log tables and your individual stat table. Super easy. You could probably combine it with the importhtml to make it even easier but still, only takes about a minute.
You. Are. The man
4/16/2018 9:56 PM
Posted by shaf5576 on 4/16/2018 3:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cardman17 on 4/16/2018 3:20:00 PM (view original):
Do you have the Google sheets app installed on your phone? Without it I think you can view but not edit. Not sure though.
That's probably what it is. I just need to do it from a non handheld computer.
4/16/2018 10:59 PM
Posted by pdxblazerfan on 4/16/2018 9:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 4/16/2018 6:26:00 PM (view original):

You. Are. The man
Okay I updated the spreadsheet so you can put in all 12 guys now in rows 101-112.

I've also highlighted the cells in yellow where you should paste your info so hopefully it doesn't get messed up again.

If anyone notices any errors, let me know.
4/17/2018 8:26 AM
BTW - cell AI80 shows your defensive efficiency. This is what is used for the Strong Defense preference.
4/17/2018 8:27 AM
Posted by Benis on 4/17/2018 8:27:00 AM (view original):
BTW - cell AI80 shows your defensive efficiency. This is what is used for the Strong Defense preference.
Nice. In your experience what's the cutoff between neutral/good?
4/17/2018 11:21 AM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸
Stats calculator Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.