Stats calculator Topic

Hey Benis, the possessions calc subtracts Offensive Rebounds. Did this come from CS or i'm wondering what the purpose of that is. I almost feel like gaining an offensive rebound is like gaining an extra possession. But my assumption is this is some kind of standard calc for possessions...
4/17/2018 1:54 PM
Posted by duece112 on 4/17/2018 1:54:00 PM (view original):
Hey Benis, the possessions calc subtracts Offensive Rebounds. Did this come from CS or i'm wondering what the purpose of that is. I almost feel like gaining an offensive rebound is like gaining an extra possession. But my assumption is this is some kind of standard calc for possessions...
Yeah its standard used by Ken Pom and others.

If you get an O rebound then you are continuing the possession, not creating another one. So when you look at points per possession it factors in whether you are good or not at hitting the offensive glass.
4/17/2018 2:48 PM
Posted by pdxblazerfan on 4/17/2018 11:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 4/17/2018 8:27:00 AM (view original):
BTW - cell AI80 shows your defensive efficiency. This is what is used for the Strong Defense preference.
Nice. In your experience what's the cutoff between neutral/good?
I can't remember exactly off the top of my head...

but it's something like <80 points per 100 possessions is Very Good. Then maybe the cut off for Good is 90?

Honestly I don't think anyone has ever gotten Very Bad for strong defense but if anyone has, I'd be interested in hearing what it was.
4/17/2018 2:56 PM
◂ Prev 123
Stats calculator Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.