Posted by cubcub113 on 4/16/2018 6:39:00 PM (view original):
#1 use for this is schedulin
I’d still say no.

For example: my guards would skew REB & LP ratings as I have a couple guards who have <10 REB & LP ratings.

Maybe my overall REB rating would be seemingly low. You’d have to analyze each of my individual bigs to get a better picture of my teams rebounding skills.
4/17/2018 1:02 PM
Posted by grimacedance on 4/17/2018 12:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tecwrg on 4/16/2018 7:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 4/16/2018 2:23:00 PM (view original):
Comparing team ratings is a bad choice regardless of walkons.
Not if you normalize them according to minutes played by each player. Then you get a truer view of ratings.
You have an Excel sheet that calculates this? I would love to be able to see this.
It's not that difficult.

1) Multiply each individual current rating (12 in all) for each player by the number of minutes played by that player.
2) Sum the total of (1) for all 12 players for each of the 12 player ratings.
3) Divide each sum by total minutes played by the team (usually 200 * number of game played, plus 25 minutes for each overtime period played.
4) That gives you a weighted, or normailzed, team rating for that particular rating.

This eliminates redshirts and mitigates/eliminates walkons from the calculations because they have either zero or very few minutes played.

It also accounts for giving the players who play 25 MPG more weight than the players who average 10 MPG.

For example, my Hartford team in Rupp right now has a team OVR of 626. But it has a normalized OVR of 645, broken down by the 12 individual ratings.
4/17/2018 6:40 PM
◂ Prev 12

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.