how can a league return to private after it has been opened to public?
4/15/2018 9:01 AM
I think to have to contact admin and ask. Either that or a setting somewhere..
4/15/2018 7:47 PM
It is still a private world. If it goes public, it is only for filling vacancies. Once the button is pushed, it reverts to a private world.
4/17/2018 1:10 AM
I think u lose the power to enforce your private rules once u go public..
4/17/2018 9:59 PM
I think drummer is correct. We went public in Yogi Berra, and once we filled it reverted back to private.
4/18/2018 12:26 PM
The private rules become a gray area because the new owners feel they are joining a public world. It is probably a question to pose once the world fills.
4/18/2018 4:46 PM
I think it is poor practice to disguise yourself as a "public" world, and then once filled act like you have "private world rules" that the new owners are unaware of.
4/18/2018 8:32 PM
The world automatically reverts back to private but yes, people think that they are joining a public world. Best practice is to let the new owners know that they are in a private world and the rules will be enforced starting next season.
4/19/2018 7:27 AM
Posted by shobob on 4/19/2018 7:27:00 AM (view original):
The world automatically reverts back to private but yes, people think that they are joining a public world. Best practice is to let the new owners know that they are in a private world and the rules will be enforced starting next season.
This is exactly what we do. If we can't fill after a week of rolling over we go public, and private league MWR rules don't apply to new owners in their first season.
4/19/2018 12:25 PM
Posted by Vitamin_C on 4/18/2018 8:32:00 PM (view original):
I think it is poor practice to disguise yourself as a "public" world, and then once filled act like you have "private world rules" that the new owners are unaware of.
You aren't necessarily disguising yourself as a public world. You are going public to fill. Like I said, you can put the private world rules up for discussion to see if they should be adhered to for that particular season since it is an abnormal situation.
4/20/2018 4:18 AM
When you "go public to fill" that is exactly what you're doing. Owners jump in cause it is easy and there are no rules since it is public.

I'm not calling you or your world out, because at this point probably half the worlds do it. I just think it is bad practice if you have rules in place that you want to keep in place.
4/22/2018 2:01 PM
Most private worlds have rules that are pretty basic, so it is usually not a big deal. Again, as I mentioned in each of my two previous posts on this thread, it is something to discuss once filled. Doesn't mean they are enacted for that season unless everyone (or whatever threshold is put on it) agrees.
4/22/2018 11:01 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.