The Difference between the polls... Topic

Can someone give me a breakdown on the difference between the polls? It seems, on all teams I have, that I am consistently ranked higher in the Coaches Poll. Does this mean the coaches think that my coaching elevates my ranking? LOL

Just wondering why the difference.
4/15/2018 4:47 PM
I don't think anybody can explain it. The algorithms are a bit different between all 3 rankings, but the exact formulas are For Eyes Only.
4/15/2018 4:59 PM
Then I'm going on the theory that the Coaches are more impressed with me, because they know what they're talking about. LOL
4/15/2018 5:58 PM
From the FAQ on the site:

How are the Coach, Press and WIS ratings determined?

The Coaches and Press rankings are determined by looking at the talent on each team along with the performance of each team on the field. The talent component decreases as the season goes along. Each ranking factors in each component slightly differently which creates the slight differences between the two polls.

The WIS rankings use the Coaches and Press rankings as a starting point and then modifies each team's ranking based upon home record, road record, neutral record, scoring margins, and strength of schedule.

4/24/2018 8:49 AM
The Difference between the polls... Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.