Second session resources Topic

Scenario - you start from scratch taking over a D3 with 6 graduating seniors, and three worthless sim recruited freshmen. You play out the season planning to get in position to sign 3 D2 projected players in the first cycle of RS2.

If you cut those 3 worthless freshmen after those 3 recruits sign, do you have the resources for 6 again, or is it a diminished amount? Has anyone tried this? I don’t want to steer someone wrong.
4/16/2018 11:09 AM
I dont think cutting players gets you any resources in the current recruiting. Next season, if still empty, yes

But I dont cut guys often

added - my experience is not useful here - have not changed teams and dont know what happens when cutting SIM signing
4/16/2018 2:09 PM (edited)
I am sure you get resources for cutting sim signed players in the second session. I’m not sure how many, when you started the season with 6.
4/16/2018 12:00 PM
I think you only get resources for six players? So cutting players would mean getting nothing?
4/16/2018 12:05 PM
If you cut all 3 you'd get the full AP (20 for each guy) and recruiting dollars for each. The AP I'm certain of, but the actual money, I'm not so certain it would be the full amount. I don't want to be lying to anybody. I've done this, and I do know you get money for each cut, just not sure how much at every level.
4/16/2018 12:13 PM
Having thought about it further I'm not sure I've done this with 6 openings, but I have done it with more than just a couple so I don't want to be the one on record saying it can be done.
4/16/2018 12:14 PM
Posted by zorzii on 4/16/2018 12:05:00 PM (view original):
I think you only get resources for six players? So cutting players would mean getting nothing?
I am positive that would be true if you cut the players before anyone signed. I’m not sure how it works when you sign guys first.

Maybe this is a scenario when those resources get “prorated”, and diminish at those weird, fractional amounts once you start signing players again.
4/16/2018 12:31 PM
If you are taking over during RS2, and the three worthless guys were recruited by Sim during RS1, the game considers them YOUR recruits and you get no benefits back. If you cut them and sign nobody else and take the three empty slots, you will get the benefits RS2 of NEXT season.

Conversely, if at your old program you signed two STUDS, nobody will ever know you recruited them because Sim gets credit for that group of signees!
4/16/2018 2:11 PM
Posted by therealjerk on 4/16/2018 12:13:00 PM (view original):
If you cut all 3 you'd get the full AP (20 for each guy) and recruiting dollars for each. The AP I'm certain of, but the actual money, I'm not so certain it would be the full amount. I don't want to be lying to anybody. I've done this, and I do know you get money for each cut, just not sure how much at every level.
If Sim recruited them RS1 to your program, you cannot cut them at all until next year during RS2.
You are stuck with the Sim recruits and my first post is not correct at all....sorry. Should never be at work and post on forums! I tend to not read very careful.
4/16/2018 2:14 PM
I’m talking about starting the season with a D3 as a new user in the world. The three worthless freshmen are on the team, that’s a given. He may want to cut them during RS2, after he’s signed 3 players.

So when RS1 starts, he has resources for 6 players (graduating seniors). He wants to get set up for 3 to sign first signing cycle of RS2. At that point, if he cuts 3 other players he didn’t sign, does he get resources for them (I’m almost positive he gets *something* for them), and if so, how much?
4/16/2018 2:25 PM
If he cuts other players that are not the new RS1 recruits, he gets 20 attention points each and some recruiting money, not sure how much it is though.
4/16/2018 2:34 PM
Posted by pdxblazerfan on 4/16/2018 2:34:00 PM (view original):
If he cuts other players that are not the new RS1 recruits, he gets 20 attention points each and some recruiting money, not sure how much it is though.
Yeah, he’d be cutting the 3 sim signed freshmen he started the season with, not next year’s recruits he just signed.
4/16/2018 2:43 PM
You get full resources for SIM signed players as long as don't currently have 6 open scholarships.
4/16/2018 3:29 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 4/16/2018 3:29:00 PM (view original):
You get full resources for SIM signed players as long as don't currently have 6 open scholarships.
Thanks TJ, this is what I thought/hoped. Is this something you’ve tried, or heard of others trying?
4/16/2018 6:27 PM
I do it all the time. I've cut as many as 8 players in the past.
4/16/2018 7:11 PM
12 Next ▸
Second session resources Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.