Scouting Camp "Rant" Topic

Why aren't scouting camps instant?
4/17/2018 4:19 PM
Posted by fluff_nasty on 4/17/2018 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Why aren't scouting camps instant?
It would be nice. I proposed this in the early stages after beta. Putting it on specific dates is unnecessarily restrictive and honestly serves no purpose.
4/17/2018 11:57 PM
I agree with this as well. It would be nice to be able to do all scouting as soon as the season starts if that is what a coach wants to do.
4/18/2018 7:31 AM
Stopped using Camps early on for this reason. Also I was getting guys coming to my camps that were "higher" quality then I could sign and there for wasted recruiting dollars.
4/18/2018 10:42 AM
Posted by wvufan76 on 4/18/2018 10:42:00 AM (view original):
Stopped using Camps early on for this reason. Also I was getting guys coming to my camps that were "higher" quality then I could sign and there for wasted recruiting dollars.
I've been considering skipping these at lower levels because of this.
4/18/2018 1:07 PM
Public camps need to happen at the same time for everyone. Making them instantaneous would invite collusion between friends or teams controlled by a coach with multiple IDs in the world.

If you don’t like them, you don’t need to use them. There are arguably much more efficient ways to scout, from a dollar perspective.
4/18/2018 1:46 PM (edited)
Posted by shoe3 on 4/18/2018 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Public camps need to happen at the same time for everyone. Making them instantaneous would invite collusion between friends or teams controlled by a coach with multiple IDs in the world.

If you don’t like them, you don’t need to use them. There are arguably much more efficient ways to scout, from a dollar perspective.
I think he's talking about private camps
4/18/2018 5:24 PM
Posted by billscnb on 4/18/2018 5:24:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 4/18/2018 1:46:00 PM (view original):

I think he's talking about private camps
Maybe, although waiting for a couple hours doesn’t seem like an unreasonable burden. Not sure why private camps aren’t instantaneous, although I do like to see how many are slated to show up before they actually run. Not a big deal though, you’re only charged for who shows up.
4/18/2018 5:58 PM
I took it as he was speaking about public camps. The private camp is basically immediate. If you set it up 5 min before that interval, it is immediate. But the private camps take days, which sounds more relevant to the OP
4/18/2018 9:25 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 4/18/2018 9:25:00 PM (view original):
I took it as he was speaking about public camps. The private camp is basically immediate. If you set it up 5 min before that interval, it is immediate. But the private camps take days, which sounds more relevant to the OP
I literally just did a private camp last night and it set it for about 26 hours out.
4/19/2018 12:07 AM
Never used them.
4/19/2018 10:33 AM
Posted by billscnb on 4/19/2018 12:07:00 AM (view original):
I literally just did a private camp last night and it set it for about 26 hours out.
There may be some confusion here on what people mean by “public” and “private” camps, since they’re not listed as such on the scouting page. There are “hosted” camps you schedule yourself, at your campus. Those run the next cycle after you’ve set it up, so anywhere from 2 minutes to 3 hours wait. I’m referring to those as “private”, because it’s your own exclusive pool of players showing up. The “public” camps are those preset camps occurring in various parts of the country the first few days of the season. They have a preset roster and time, you can’t rush them, or change who shows up.

Not clear how you ended up with a hosted camp scheduled to run 26 hours after you set it up. If legit, you should send a ticket. Although it’s also possible you’re living in the past, and think it’s Wednesday right now. :)
4/19/2018 10:33 AM
Yeah I wasn't completely clear. I was referring to the on campus camp. So the one under the camp tab and at the very bottom.

Yeah its usually not a very long delay, not the end of the world.

I just don't get why it isn't instant when the assistant coach and scouting service are.
4/19/2018 11:07 AM
I actually like that the hosted camp doesn't process immediately. In the lower divisions I like to see how many players are going to attend and how much it is going to cost. Gives me the option to change my mind before it processes
4/19/2018 12:10 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 4/19/2018 10:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by billscnb on 4/19/2018 12:07:00 AM (view original):
There may be some confusion here on what people mean by “public” and “private” camps, since they’re not listed as such on the scouting page. There are “hosted” camps you schedule yourself, at your campus. Those run the next cycle after you’ve set it up, so anywhere from 2 minutes to 3 hours wait. I’m referring to those as “private”, because it’s your own exclusive pool of players showing up. The “public” camps are those preset camps occurring in various parts of the country the first few days of the season. They have a preset roster and time, you can’t rush them, or change who shows up.

Not clear how you ended up with a hosted camp scheduled to run 26 hours after you set it up. If legit, you should send a ticket. Although it’s also possible you’re living in the past, and think it’s Wednesday right now. :)
Haha no, I set it up around 11 PM on Tuesday night, it ran 1 AM Thursday morning. Central time zone
4/19/2018 1:38 PM
12 Next ▸
Scouting Camp "Rant" Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.