Ever thrown a game? Topic

This question came to me when I realized that winning my conference championship probably kept us from getting another conference team into the D3 playoffs. Just made me wonder if anybody ever decided that the extra $1,000 recruiting money was worth the lower seed and decided to start their second team or something. Not something I would do personally, just made me wonder.
4/17/2018 4:26 PM
If they need that 1K that bad I won't hold it against them. Personally , I want to discombobulate every team that faces mine ; whether they are AI or a Perenial NC winner.
4/17/2018 5:00 PM
I cant say that I have. I have thought the same thing when it comes to bowl placement but the prospect of a CC is more appealing than extra money.
4/18/2018 7:23 AM
Never thrown one, but have lost many CC games and used the, "Well, that gets us an extra $5K Bowl cash" since both of us got a $15K game. But at the same time it's worked the other way. I've beaten an LSU team who then moved on to the NC game and I moved on to the Orange Bowl.
4/18/2018 11:07 AM
"Winning is the only option"
4/18/2018 11:30 AM

Collusive transactions

Collusion includes any act that supports bad, deceitful or illegal behavior agreed upon by two or more users or attempted by a single user. Here are a few examples:

• Any clear throwing of a game (normally indicated by massive lineup changes or settings changes)
4/18/2018 11:48 AM
Never even crossed my mind. Don't think I've ever suspected it either.
4/18/2018 11:58 AM
Thanks for the responses. And just for the record, like I said, I wouldn't do it.
4/18/2018 12:50 PM
I don't worry about it. If need be, I just have my attorney funnel a payment to the teams I <bleep>.
4/18/2018 2:19 PM (edited)
stupidity
4/19/2018 1:07 AM
Fair question. I haven't but it does bring up an interesting point. I'm sure it has happened before, especially in a game where you get a bonus for playing your backups anyway.
4/19/2018 11:58 AM
I think that it is a great question. I have never thought about it or can't remember ever having that opportunity.
4/19/2018 3:59 PM
I wouldn't do it, but I might ask Michael Cohen to do it for me.
4/21/2018 10:04 AM
Posted by mojolad on 4/17/2018 5:00:00 PM (view original):
If they need that 1K that bad I won't hold it against them. Personally , I want to discombobulate every team that faces mine ; whether they are AI or a Perenial NC winner.
^^^ What mojo said ^^^
4/22/2018 9:54 AM
Posted by genuvar on 4/18/2018 11:48:00 AM (view original):

Collusive transactions

Collusion includes any act that supports bad, deceitful or illegal behavior agreed upon by two or more users or attempted by a single user. Here are a few examples:

• Any clear throwing of a game (normally indicated by massive lineup changes or settings changes)
Yes, but I think the question is asking if someone would throw the game on his own without the opposing coach having knowledge of it beforehand.
4/22/2018 9:37 PM
12 Next ▸
Ever thrown a game? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.