Ever thrown a game? Topic

Yeah but if you're the team left out, or the conference who lost 1k because of this, you probably would hold it against them.
4/23/2018 9:12 AM
I have never thrown a game, but I will use my experimental game plans in games against conference mates more than I would use them in my non-con games.

nitros
4/23/2018 10:50 PM
Posted by ebbetts55 on 4/22/2018 9:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by genuvar on 4/18/2018 11:48:00 AM (view original):

Collusive transactions

Collusion includes any act that supports bad, deceitful or illegal behavior agreed upon by two or more users or attempted by a single user. Here are a few examples:

• Any clear throwing of a game (normally indicated by massive lineup changes or settings changes)
Yes, but I think the question is asking if someone would throw the game on his own without the opposing coach having knowledge of it beforehand.
This does include attempts by a single user.. throwing a game just so your conference can get more recruiting cash does not follow the fair play guidelines
4/24/2018 1:34 AM
Maybe I'm outing myself but I didn't consider it cheating at all. I played a "less than stellar" game plan, (all of my others are mediocre as I'm still waiting for my brain to develop a stellar game plan), against a divisional conference rival which I knew I would face again in the CC. It worked as I lost my regular season game and the coach game planned the same way as during the regular season when we met in the CC. I didn't "throw" the game, just didn't put my best foot forward on purpose. There was no collusion, Russian or other in the creation of this message.
5/1/2018 1:17 PM
I'm assuming this scenario is different because both team were going to make the playoffs regardless of the outcome of either game. The OP was talking about the scenario of losing a game on purpose so that an additional team in his conference would qualify for the post season.
5/1/2018 1:31 PM
Posted by madhatter324 on 5/1/2018 1:17:00 PM (view original):
Maybe I'm outing myself but I didn't consider it cheating at all. I played a "less than stellar" game plan, (all of my others are mediocre as I'm still waiting for my brain to develop a stellar game plan), against a divisional conference rival which I knew I would face again in the CC. It worked as I lost my regular season game and the coach game planned the same way as during the regular season when we met in the CC. I didn't "throw" the game, just didn't put my best foot forward on purpose. There was no collusion, Russian or other in the creation of this message.
Hmmm... I smell fake tan and I hear bone spurs...

J/K I hate politics
5/1/2018 1:41 PM
◂ Prev 12
Ever thrown a game? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.