Wishbone All Run Teams Coming Available Topic

Posted by realist9900 on 4/24/2018 7:33:00 PM (view original):
Hats off to you Harris. I also use WB, but I also pass.

Edit: I still can't believe some teams call pass on defense when they play you.
That "is" funny .
4/24/2018 8:50 PM
I just noticed that your punter had over 300 yards rushing. That is insane! I love the way this team is built.
4/25/2018 8:38 AM
Posted by GreatLosers on 4/25/2018 8:38:00 AM (view original):
I just noticed that your punter had over 300 yards rushing. That is insane! I love the way this team is built.
Well...that is a complete anomaly. In short...last recruiting cycle I got in really late and got basically nothing...and ended up with 3 SIM QBs. And I didn't want any. So....during most of the regular season the team was on autopilot and had the QB rushing some. Then (on suggestion of a fellow coach) I moved a Jr RB over to QB...and changed all those sim QBs to punters to get them off the playing field.
4/25/2018 11:20 AM
I like the concept and I'm sure it is a lot of fun. Not sure if I completely like the way the team is built. I'm missing the point of having 5 punters. Could be a much stronger team if those spots were used to strengthen the defense. Although there might be a method to the madness that I am missing !
4/25/2018 11:25 AM
Posted by realist9900 on 4/25/2018 11:25:00 AM (view original):
I like the concept and I'm sure it is a lot of fun. Not sure if I completely like the way the team is built. I'm missing the point of having 5 punters. Could be a much stronger team if those spots were used to strengthen the defense. Although there might be a method to the madness that I am missing !
True. I didn't pay attention to that. Aren't their limits to the number of player...maybe he was just making a point that you can win with out a WR and TE?
4/25/2018 12:47 PM
If you don’t pass to a TE then the sub is an OL....for an all run, that could be better.
4/25/2018 12:58 PM
Its called "recruiting **** up". Some are sims I had to take last cycle....and here is the key:

If I cannot fill my spots...I HAVE to sign someone...and punters/kickers are usually easy to sign. I cannot afford to have a sim WR/TE or even a QB taking up a spot with this approach. So...when I have a hiccup in recruiting I just recruit P/K. In this case...I had to convert a mediocre RB to QB in order to keep up my FIQ and eliminate the SIM QBs that I had....so I switched them to P so they would never see the field.
4/25/2018 1:02 PM
Posted by GreatLosers on 4/25/2018 12:47:00 PM (view original):
True. I didn't pay attention to that. Aren't their limits to the number of player...maybe he was just making a point that you can win with out a WR and TE?
There are no limits on number of players at any position. The "limit" is the reverse (a minimum)...if you have one player at a position...you cannot change them to another position....the computer makes you keep at least one player at a position. However, if you happen to not have ANY at a position....then the computer chooses from the rest of the depth chart (I just had to figure out which depth chart it chooses from for each position).

For me....it is a big experiment, which seems to have at least SOME merit. If I'm not going to pass....this team does not need a WR, TE, or QB.....so I get to play 5 RBs and 6 OL all the time..thus building up talent levels for more players. The key....is to not sign a sim recruit at those three positions as it ***** up the playing time/starts for one of more of those three positions.

The question really becomes: is it more advantageous to have REAL TE/WR on an all runnning team...or is it more advantageous to substitute the OL/TE and take the "out of position" hit. To me its not really clear.....
4/25/2018 1:08 PM
Posted by harriswb3 on 4/25/2018 1:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by GreatLosers on 4/25/2018 12:47:00 PM (view original):
There are no limits on number of players at any position. The "limit" is the reverse (a minimum)...if you have one player at a position...you cannot change them to another position....the computer makes you keep at least one player at a position. However, if you happen to not have ANY at a position....then the computer chooses from the rest of the depth chart (I just had to figure out which depth chart it chooses from for each position).

For me....it is a big experiment, which seems to have at least SOME merit. If I'm not going to pass....this team does not need a WR, TE, or QB.....so I get to play 5 RBs and 6 OL all the time..thus building up talent levels for more players. The key....is to not sign a sim recruit at those three positions as it ***** up the playing time/starts for one of more of those three positions.

The question really becomes: is it more advantageous to have REAL TE/WR on an all runnning team...or is it more advantageous to substitute the OL/TE and take the "out of position" hit. To me its not really clear.....
Does everyone assume the out of position hit is equivalent to the hit taken if you were to switch that particular player to the position he is substituting in for?
4/25/2018 2:22 PM
Gotcha Harris. Yea some years you don't always get what you want!

After thinking about it I would have a TE and WR. Two specific types that would be very easy to get. Then you don't have to worry if there is an out of position penalty.
4/25/2018 5:11 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 4/25/2018 5:11:00 PM (view original):
Gotcha Harris. Yea some years you don't always get what you want!

After thinking about it I would have a TE and WR. Two specific types that would be very easy to get. Then you don't have to worry if there is an out of position penalty.
True but if you aren’t passing to them, blocking at the WR/TE position would be higher with an OLeven with a penalty most likely and remember that you are getting them playing time...aka ‘xperience....
4/25/2018 7:43 PM
I've never done it, so don't know for a fact how the positions are filled. According to the FAQ it is:

TE - Filled by RB
QB - filled by punter
WR - Filled by RB

When you try and change positions manually with a RB to either a TE or WR the blocking rating takes a massive hit.

Off course the FAQ could be completely wrong
4/25/2018 8:08 PM
Just checked one of his games. You're right, TE spot filled by an olinemen. The WR spot was filled by a RB.

This is a cool concept. The irony though is if you pass a bit, you get more yards rushing than a pure all rush team.
4/25/2018 8:26 PM
Posted by realist9900 on 4/25/2018 8:08:00 PM (view original):
I've never done it, so don't know for a fact how the positions are filled. According to the FAQ it is:

TE - Filled by RB
QB - filled by punter
WR - Filled by RB

When you try and change positions manually with a RB to either a TE or WR the blocking rating takes a massive hit.

Off course the FAQ could be completely wrong
This is wrong. QB and WR get filled from RB, while TE gets filled from OL

My goal was to maximize the growth of OL and RB
4/26/2018 5:12 PM (edited)
◂ Prev 12
Wishbone All Run Teams Coming Available Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.