Wishbone All Run Teams Coming Available Topic

I'm dropping both of my teams after the completion of current seasons. Both are set up for Wishbone ALL RUN. I do not carry WRs or TEs. I do have couple of dud QBs on each roster...one was experiment, one was **** up.

On defense, they are set up for 3-4, heavy emphasis on run stopping. If you look at both team's performance this season...I have not gameplanned on defense...it has been my base 3-4. The Wilkinson team has a top 5 defense, even without gameplanning in a really tough conference.

Bryant: Tuskegee
Wilkinson: WV State

Tuskegee is the better of these two teams, regarding talent, IMO. I lost interest and did not recruit for either team this past season..but both were small classes. So there might be a little hiccup..but its not the end of the world.
4/18/2018 12:03 PM
I hate to see you depart. You are a Wishbone icon in GD.
4/19/2018 11:43 AM
What is making you leave?
4/19/2018 4:00 PM
Posted by GreatLosers on 4/19/2018 4:00:00 PM (view original):
What is making you leave?
Well...I might keep the team in Wilkinson....its performing above par, despite my best efforts to ignore it.

Reason: I'm busy with work and other distractions. I hate to lose and I already hate recruiting...so if I can't put the time in, it just disappoints me.
4/19/2018 9:49 PM
hook up with someone who likes to recruit
4/20/2018 5:57 PM
that's the big thing missing from this sim in my opinion

a head coach should be able to hire a recruiter and/or a OC and/or a DC

but not more than two. the HC has to do one
4/20/2018 6:03 PM
bagchucker, that is brilliant. In the real world, it's not all about one coach. It's a team. What if this went to multi-player, where 1 person did the recruiting, and a 2nd person did the formation and playbook planning, and a 3rd person did the game planning? GD 4.0?
4/20/2018 6:41 PM
4/21/2018 7:08 AM
I've done all those things before. But, the key is that right now I'm just burnt out. I may have a resurgence to keep one team.

I've been part of teams in which we shared duties:
1. a recruiter, and OC and a DC.
2. HC/DC, and OC and both OC/DC recruit for their own folks
3. HC/OC and DC and both OC/DC recruit for their own folks
4. HC who also does all recruiting with just a DC or OC to implement
5. HC/OC/DC and a recruiter.
4/21/2018 4:55 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
1. No
2. I don't think so....in this particular game
3. No....in this particular game
4/22/2018 9:03 AM
harriswb3 how was the experience with the different coaches? That actually sounds fun.
4/24/2018 4:10 PM
Posted by GreatLosers on 4/24/2018 4:10:00 PM (view original):
harriswb3 how was the experience with the different coaches? That actually sounds fun.
It depended on the coach. One experience I did not like. The HC hired me as OC. He recruited and all I did was gameplan on offense. The problem was that he did not actually have faith in my approach. He would over ride my gameplans and/or change roster positions, etc....so it was short lived.

The others were all good. All of these approaches take a lot of coordination to be successful, but given our technology today....that is not much of a problem. The key for me is having a recruiter clearly understand what you want/need for you "system" if you are not the one doing recruiting. Does not help to recruit the best throwing QB if all you are going to do is run all the time.
4/24/2018 4:51 PM
UPDATE: despite a big *** whooping from 0bigzeke in the third round of the playoffs...I'm going to keep my team in Wilkinson for at least one more season. My team in Bryant has been taken over by another coach. I hope they like what they inherited...its an unusual approach.....
4/24/2018 4:52 PM
Hats off to you Harris. I also use WB, but I also pass.

Edit: I still can't believe some teams call pass on defense when they play you.
4/24/2018 7:33 PM (edited)
12 Next ▸
Wishbone All Run Teams Coming Available Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.