3-2 rebounding? Topic

I'm beginning to think that 3-2 hurts rebounding much more than I had originally thought. I have two pretty stout bigs with 90+ rebounding on my UT-Arlington team and am still out-rebounded on a pretty regular basis. I just lost a 1st round NT game where I was dominated on the boards despite having a back-end rebounders.

Am I missing something?
4/19/2018 10:29 AM
The rebounding disadvantage is significant for zone, especially the 3-2. Among starters, I’d say you were at a disadvantage anyway, position by position. You had some slight rebound attribute advantages in the frontcourt, but you were at an athletic disadvantage.

I default to -2 when using 3-2 as a base. Against a normal, balanced offense that shoots what I consider a normal amount of threes and gets a normal amount of scoring from guards, I play -2. That’s for rebounding purposes more than preventing inside scoring. I move to -3 and -4 pretty fast, if they have big rebounding advantages.
4/19/2018 10:45 AM
Yeah, you need great ATH plus Reb for bigs. Also you need a SF that can reb. to help offset 3-2 reb. disadvantage. Like shoe said always go 3-2 -2, I usually go 3-2 -3 as my default.
4/19/2018 6:11 PM
You pretty much need everybody to rebound while playing zone, especially 3/2. And pretty much everybody needs to be 50+ ath.
4/19/2018 6:33 PM
Posted by mbriese on 4/19/2018 10:29:00 AM (view original):
I'm beginning to think that 3-2 hurts rebounding much more than I had originally thought. I have two pretty stout bigs with 90+ rebounding on my UT-Arlington team and am still out-rebounded on a pretty regular basis. I just lost a 1st round NT game where I was dominated on the boards despite having a back-end rebounders.

Am I missing something?
Yeah... I would definitely expect the rebounding margin to be better for you especially with a great rebounding SF.

But you did have a very big disadvantage in ATH in that game. 15-20 Ath all all those positions does make a big difference.
4/19/2018 6:40 PM
3-2 rebounding? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.