1 2017 team - how good of a scout are you? Topic

Well...here I come once again to the Progressive League Classifieds with hat in hand...

Whether you're an experienced progressive league owner or someone looking to gain progressive league experience, the Big League now has 1 team available for the 2017 season - check out the roster below...

The Big League is one of the oldest progressives in existence (started by seaphil in December 2004)

As a Progressive League playing the most recent season, the Big League takes a different approach by allowing you to "scout" the first month and a half of the current season (2018) before the 2017 draft - this way you get a chance to assess the early season performance in the "next season" of that player you're drafting for the season we are playing

By taking a 2017 team, you're getting the opportunity to play WIS much like a fantasy team...the draft will be challenging since unlike most progressives, there is a relatively short track record on which to base your selection - in other words, you're drafting much more - as in real life - on what you think a player might do in the future than on what you know he will do

The league plays on an annual so you get to watch "your" players play for you in the real season to build up the numbers you will be using in the WIS season

League rules include a requirement of 30 wins by Game 120 to qualify for 1 of the top for picks in Round 1

there is a lottery held among the bottom four qualifying teams to determine first pick in Round 1

draft order is determined by the Game 120 standings

There is a 10 round supplemental AAA draft of real life players - they are eligible to be kept for future seasons

there is a maximum of 25 keepers with 1 draft pick for each less than 25 keepers

Players without a current season, but with a future season, may be placed on the IR...no limit on number of players who may be on the IR

No DH

No WW

If you have any questions about the league, please sitemail me

If you would like to claim a team, just post your claim and/or sitemail me

Thanks for looking.....
4/26/2018 7:42 AM (edited)
2017 Washington – plays at Nationals Park - CLAIMED

32 potential keepers

Up to 25 keepers – 1 draft pick for each less than 25

C – Buster Posey, Bruce Maxwell, Omar Narvaez
1B – Mark Reynolds, Marwin Gonzalez,
2B – Jed Lowrie, T.J. Rivera, Aaron Hill
SS – Aldemys Diaz
3B – Eduardo Escobar, Eduardo Nunez, Andres Blanco
OF – Eddie Rosario, Keon Broxton, Nomar Mazara, Hyun Soo Kim, Leonys Martin, Adam Frazier, Nick Franklin

P’s – Masahiro Tanaka, Johnny Cueto, Lance McCullers, Mike Fiers, Francisco Liriano, Travis Wood, Adam Ottavino, Raisel Iglesias, Tony Barnette, Daniel Norris, Sammy Solis, Jerry Blevins

I/R – Luis Sardinas SS, Tyler Cravy P, Shelby Miller P
4/26/2018 7:42 AM (edited)
2017 St. Louis – plays at Busch Stadium

22 potential keepers

C – Russell Martin, A.J. Ellis, Drew Butera
1B – Kennys Vargas
2B – Tommy La Stella
SS – Tim Anderson, Jorge Polanco
3B – Adonis Garcia, Josh Rutledge
OF – Carlos Gomez, Ichiro Suzuki, Delino Deshields

P’s – Noah Syndergaard, Sean Manaea, Yovani Gallardo, Seth Lugo, Tyler Duffey, Matt Andriese, Matt Belisle, Cam Bedrosian, Alec Asher, Jake Barrett

I/R Joey Wendle 2B, Brett Lawrie 2B, Billy Burns OF, Rusney Castillo OF, Jhan Martinez P, Bruce Rondon P

4/19/2018 11:57 AM
2017 San Diego – plays at Petco Park - CLAIMED

27 potential keepers

C – Jason Castro, Miguel Montero
1B – Jose Abreu, Kendry Morales
2B – Dustin Pedroia, Phil Gosselin
SS – Jordy Mercer
3B – Yunel Escobar
OF – Marcell Ozuna, Denard Span, Matt Kemp, Josh Reddick, Aaron Altherr

P’s – Sonny Gray, Alex Wood, Charlie Morton, Garrett Richards, Juerys Familia, Ryan Madson, Tyler Skaggs, Collin McHugh, Hector Rondon, Matt Shoemaker, Tyler Wilson, Steve Cishek, Edwin Jackson, Chris Young
4/22/2018 11:20 PM (edited)
2017 Arizona – plays at Chase Field - CLAIMED

26 potential keepers

C – Juan Centeno, Chris Gimenez, Luke Maile
1B – Miguel Cabrera, Mike Napoli
2B – Dee Gordon, Starlin Castro, Chase Utley
SS – Xander Bogaerts
3B – Ryon Healy, Kelby Tomlinson
OF – Jackie Bradley, Jr., Yasiel Puig, Nori Aoki, Adam Eaton

P’s – Tanner Roark, Rich Hill, Adam Wainwright, Ian Kennedy, Dylan Bundy, Kenly Jansen, C.C. Sabathia, Wade Davis, Chasen Shreve, Jacob Barnes, James Shields

I/R – Ryan O’Roarke P, Ramon Cabrera C, Ramiro Pena 2B, Steve Selsky OF, Scott Kazmir P, Jake Diekman P
4/20/2018 9:18 AM (edited)
I’ll take the Arizona team
4/19/2018 4:32 PM
I’ll take the San Diego team
4/22/2018 9:35 PM
Per my sitemail i will take Washington
4/26/2018 11:38 PM
1 2017 team - how good of a scout are you? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.