Opinions kn my team Topic

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12131
i need your expert opinions on my team.
4/19/2018 10:57 PM
From a recruiting standpoint, I think you can aim a little higher. You may be living mostly in the D2 pool; it’s fine to recruit D2 locally and internationally, to find some cheap talent, but you definitely want to be building your team around some lower to mid-level D1 talent. The Carolinas - especially SC, in my experience - generate a ton of lower level D1 pool players who you should be able to snatch up. At D2, I try to average 70 at the cores, for where I project my recruits. If the region is saturated with D2 and low D1 human coached teams in the world, you may need to find the pockets that exist in your world. Pay attention to what conferences are empty, between GLV/GLIAC, Lone Star, CAA, CVAC, SIAC, etc. and scout those areas.

4/19/2018 11:34 PM
Posted by cruzan69 on 4/19/2018 10:57:00 PM (view original):
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12131
i need your expert opinions on my team.
You need way more ath/def. At D2 with M2M you shouldn't really go below 60 unless the guy is a stud elsewhere. Your guards are all very weak defensively and its hurting big time. Not to mention your center with 20/25 ath/def.

Also, why are you shooting so many 3s? Peeples has shot 4-23 so far. Gotta set some of your guys to -2.
4/20/2018 2:20 PM
Agree with Benis. Ath/def allow you to stay in games. I also think you need more team speed. I try to build from those core attributes and then add the skill like LP or Perimeter.
4/21/2018 7:20 AM
thanks I will try that Let me know if I have the cores right
guards ATH SPD BH PER AVERAGE 60
F/C ATH LP REB AVERAGE 60

OR DO I build based on high ATH/DEF first then go for LP /PER?
4/21/2018 11:57 AM
Posted by cruzan69 on 4/21/2018 11:57:00 AM (view original):

It’s really up to you to decide your priorities, based on the sets you run, and how you want to set up your team. But yeah, it’s pretty close, generally speaking. I consider passing to be a core for guards; with flex and triangle, I tend to prioritize it a little higher than ballhandling. For motion and fast break, I prioritize BH higher.

I would suggest prioritizing those conditioning cores - Ath for bigs and speed for guards - a little higher than the skills cores, especially with motion or FB offense, and man or press defense. If you can get to an average of projected 75 athleticism for bigs and projected 75 speed for guards, you will be very competitive at D2.
4/21/2018 1:58 PM
What Benis said. It took me at first a bit to get the hang of it. But if you look at the best teams anywhere, you'll see substantially high ATH/DEF
4/21/2018 2:36 PM

You could all out on ath/def and make the NT pretty easily at D3. But you won't go far without getting some Per. Try to get 1 Per, 1 LP and 1 great passer and rest with good ATH/Def and you will probably have a really decent team.
4/23/2018 8:28 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/23/2018 8:28:00 PM (view original):

You could all out on ath/def and make the NT pretty easily at D3. But you won't go far without getting some Per. Try to get 1 Per, 1 LP and 1 great passer and rest with good ATH/Def and you will probably have a really decent team.
Except he’s playing D2, where that strategy doesn’t work as well. He’ll want a more well rounded team, or if he does go all out on Ath/Def, he’ll need to get them really high, and should probably switch to FB/press
4/23/2018 10:05 PM
Opinions kn my team Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.