NFL Draft contest Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Lamar Jackson for MVP
4/20/2018 9:58 PM
Why is Josh Allen projected so high? He looked like trash last year. I never got why the scouts were so high on him.
4/21/2018 1:01 AM
Posted by billscnb on 4/21/2018 1:01:00 AM (view original):
Why is Josh Allen projected so high? He looked like trash last year. I never got why the scouts were so high on him.
He's 6'5, white, and throws td's. Hall of Famer.
4/21/2018 12:54 PM
Posted by cardman17 on 4/21/2018 12:54:00 PM (view original):
Clearly it's the white thing. Same reason Jamarcus Russell went #1 overall.
4/21/2018 1:12 PM
Is he's got the physique and upside of any scouts dream so it's tempting. Also was only 2 years ago they drafted similar low rank school player in Carson Wentz and he turned out well, some see him as version 2.0 of it.
4/21/2018 2:33 PM
I didn't realize other people were bashing him, now I feel like a tool. I just was not at all impressed watching him in college. I wish him the best of luck, just really worried when they project my Bills trading two first round picks to get him.
4/21/2018 2:36 PM
I'm a Western NYer/Bills Mafia fan myself and I don't want him either. But my answer to the question is his height and he has a cannon for an arm. I personally don't like his inaccuracy issues. In the pros you have to be spot on. I think the best target QB is the UCLA guy. He's smart, doesn't throw interceptions, and is the most pro ready, think a new Drew Breeze type QB.

Personally I want to see them trade up to 4th with Cleveland. Give Cleveland the 12th, their second 2nd round pick (#59), and the first pick of the 3rd round (#65), keeping the #22 pick & the 53rd, and steal the Notre Dame guy OG/C Quenton Nelson because they lost Center Eric Woods with the neck injury and Guard Richie Incognito with the kidney issues. It would blind side everyone and no one would see it coming.
4/21/2018 9:12 PM
Posted by courtmagic on 4/21/2018 9:12:00 PM (view original):
I'm a Western NYer/Bills Mafia fan myself and I don't want him either. But my answer to the question is his height and he has a cannon for an arm. I personally don't like his inaccuracy issues. In the pros you have to be spot on. I think the best target QB is the UCLA guy. He's smart, doesn't throw interceptions, and is the most pro ready, think a new Drew Breeze type QB.

Personally I want to see them trade up to 4th with Cleveland. Give Cleveland the 12th, their second 2nd round pick (#59), and the first pick of the 3rd round (#65), keeping the #22 pick & the 53rd, and steal the Notre Dame guy OG/C Quenton Nelson because they lost Center Eric Woods with the neck injury and Guard Richie Incognito with the kidney issues. It would blind side everyone and no one would see it coming.
I'm hoping the G Men grab Nelson.
4/21/2018 9:18 PM
My guess for the G-men is either Barkley or Chubb, but in my NFL.COM pick I alluded to up above, I took Barkley even though they need Chubb more.
4/21/2018 9:49 PM
Posted by evil_twin on 4/21/2018 1:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cardman17 on 4/21/2018 12:54:00 PM (view original):
Clearly it's the white thing. Same reason Jamarcus Russell went #1 overall.
A) it was a joke
B) way to find the outlier
C) I found a white guy
D) Al Davis
4/22/2018 3:34 PM

You can't take much stock in a rookie QB's first year. Even If it was a great year, or a complete disaster.

Once the film guys get enough film on you, they can analyze your strengths and weaknesses. And defenses will take away the 2-3 throws you are good at, and make you beat them with the throws you are not good at making.

That's why there are so few franchise QB's out there.

And research Drew Brees' rookie season with San Diego. Everyone considered him to be a complete bust at the time.

4/23/2018 2:56 PM
Josh Allen reminds me of Paxton Lynch with more arm strength and less than adequate pocket awareness. Got by with talent most of his life. Not a bad thing but if you want to compete at the highest level you need the work ethic.

I am in the league court. Hoping the Giants trade their second overall pick to the Eagles for a fourth round pick this year and a signed football from each of the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles players. With the 2nd overall pick the Eagles get Barkley
4/24/2018 9:44 AM
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 4/24/2018 9:44:00 AM (view original):
Josh Allen reminds me of Paxton Lynch with more arm strength and less than adequate pocket awareness. Got by with talent most of his life. Not a bad thing but if you want to compete at the highest level you need the work ethic.

I am in the league court. Hoping the Giants trade their second overall pick to the Eagles for a fourth round pick this year and a signed football from each of the Super Bowl champion Philadelphia Eagles players. With the 2nd overall pick the Eagles get Barkley
Good to have you on board FTB. Last I looked there was only one other guy with me. After seeing your response here i checked and now we have 6 of us so far. This will be a WILD year, I'm dying to see how it plays out.
4/24/2018 4:00 PM
I could join but I don't follow the pre-draft at all.
4/24/2018 6:53 PM
123 Next ▸
NFL Draft contest Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.