I was looking to make the jump to DI-AA at the end of this season...Florida Atlantic is open in Boca Raton, as is Bethune Cookeman in Daytona Beach, but those schools are surrounded by human-coached DI-A teams. Texas State is open and it is located in-between San Antonio and Austin. There are also a couple of Tennessee-based schools open.

I'd really like Samford, but in that conference, the only two human-coached teams would be in the same division.

So, is it Florida? Texas? Tennessee? Maybe a South Carolina school? Samford?

Not sure what I'm looking for here...maybe some input as to good recruit areas?
4/20/2018 3:17 PM
I like the Northeast, Pa., Ohio, NJ, NY, Del, New England and the Virginias have densely populated areas and although this area has a lot of D1-AA schools there seems to be plenty of talent to go around. With very few exceptions I can recruit within my 360 or closer which really helps out with the budget!! The A-10 is a great conference from a recruiting aspect!!

Good Luck with your decision.
4/20/2018 3:33 PM
Texas for 1AA IMO. I like Texas Southern best, then SFA, SHS and Texas State in that order.

Good luck.

nitros
4/20/2018 4:08 PM
Northern Iowa and Drake are good places, especially if Iowa and Iowa State are both vacant. A vacancy at Minnesota also helps. Valparaiso is also a good school for recruiting.
4/20/2018 4:50 PM
You should also give more weight to schools that have the most wins over the past 3 seasons. This makes it quicker and easier to get your vision up. Unless you are going for the challenge of taking a winless team and trying to pull off a Worst to First.
4/20/2018 4:56 PM
Posted by nitros on 4/20/2018 4:08:00 PM (view original):
Texas for 1AA IMO. I like Texas Southern best, then SFA, SHS and Texas State in that order.

Good luck.

nitros
I like the idea of Texas State as well...HOWEVER, they have zero Freshman on their roster...Ha!
4/20/2018 5:44 PM
Bethune Cookman and Florida A&M are historically pretty good spots. The TN and TX areas are always solid for recruits so I would go off of history and where you think you'd enjoy the most.
4/22/2018 1:05 PM
You’re best off near elite D1 schools because you can try to get their backup players that they end up not signing every season.
4/22/2018 5:28 PM
Posted by tcochran on 4/22/2018 5:28:00 PM (view original):
You’re best off near elite D1 schools because you can try to get their backup players that they end up not signing every season.
Bethune Cookeman in Daytona Beach looks appealing...close to mid-Florida...close to Miami and FSU

I like Samford - because I live in Birmingham - but the only other Coach in that conference would be in the same division...close to Alabama, though.

Texas Southern is in Houston, but they have zero Freshmen on their roster.

4/22/2018 5:42 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.