Clemente(46) - All Full... Check back next season! Topic

Clemente, one of the oldest and best private worlds is looking for 4 new owners for next season (47). We've just rolled over and are looking for new owners asap so we can get started. This world has a great group of owners and typically has a really good retention rate. We actually haven't had to publicly solicit for a new owner in 4 seasons, and a bunch of us are original owners from season 1.

We have one league-specific rule and that is an owner who fails to reach a .333 win percentage (54 wins) forfeits his or her first draft pick in the following season. However, there is a step-up process for new owners so you won't have to worry too much about it for the first couple years. Your first season you will only have to win 45 games to keep your top pick and your second year you only have to win 50. This rule is not meant to punish anyone, just to be a deterrent from tanking and to incentivize maintaining a degree of competition for all teams.

Sitemail me if you're interested or have any questions. And if you're new to HBD, that's fine...I can tutor you for a while to get you on your feet.

Openings:

Fresno (NL West, 85-77) - After 28 seasons, 24 division titles, 3 Clemente titles, and probably 20 different cities, we unfortunately are saying goodbye to scootermcray. He has kept this franchise one of the elites in our world, and it's still in great shape to continue that. Hopefully we'll find another long-term owner to fill his shoes.
taken by hausenpfeffe

Trenton (AL North, 45-117) - Another long-term owner, chet1212 (19 seasons) is calling it quits. He had some success in the late 30's and early 40's but has been rebuilding the past 3 seasons, and has stocked some talent, most notably one of the best catchers I've ever seen as an IFA signing last season. This team also has the #1 overall pick in the coming season (Note: since chet is not returning, this franchise will not have to forfeit a pick for failing to reach 54 wins).
taken by shesaid

Milwaukee (AL North, 63-99) - Davewillie is stepping aside after 7 rough years stewarding this franchise. This looks like a full rebuild to me, but with only about $45m on the books for this year, some good young pieces, and a top 5 pick, you should be able to make this one your own.
taken by cincysteve

Seattle (AL West, 89-73) - Andysox9 had 9 seasons of moderate success with this franchise, defined by stalwart pitching and defense, including an AL championship 2 seasons ago, but he's moving on now. He's left the franchise in good shape though, with some good young talent in the bigs. This one is a ready-made contender.
andysox decided he couldn't leave us after all

Syracuse (AL North, 71-91) - We're forced to say goodbye to yet another long-term owner, sonofodin52, who manned this ship for 19 seasons. Gonna be honest here, this franchise looks pretty devoid of talent right now. But it's a blank slate for your rebuild. I took over a situation like this in another world and enjoyed the challenge.
taken by lagzilla
4/27/2018 4:04 PM (edited)
Cimmy is right about not usually having to solicit for new owners. We've had a couple of seasons since I've joined Clemente (9 seasons ago) where we've retained everyone. Now is a great chance to get in!
4/23/2018 11:57 AM
Good, stable world with longtime owners and an excellent, dedicated, fair commissioner. There's plenty of competition, and if you take notice there's quite a bit of parody compared to some other worlds. Come join!
4/23/2018 6:55 PM
rare opportunity to get a team in Clemente
4/25/2018 7:16 AM
bump!
4/25/2018 3:18 PM
Free seasons!
4/26/2018 8:16 AM
Someone claim this strong Seattle team and then we roll!
4/27/2018 9:28 AM
Clemente(46) - All Full... Check back next season! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.