SAVE A WORLD - PLEASE JOIN GEHRIG! Topic

Gehrig, the league named after the legendary Iron Horse, Lou Gehrig is in dire need of your help. Gehrig is one of the oldest original HBD Leagues still in existence. The start of the 43rd season has been on hold for over a year; yet, it hasn't stopped a hard core group of owners. These owners could have folded, but they all held out hope of playing again, and have waited over a year for the league to fill. I just picked up a team, and I ask that everyone please pitch in to keep this historic world alive. There are currently 22 vacancies to fill; so you have your choice of a rebuilder, a contender, or something in between. Please take a team and help keep Gehrig alive. Thank you!
4/21/2018 1:32 PM (edited)
Thanks tswayne. I approve of this message.

Gehrig was a solid private league until I had to exit for medical reasons last Spring. Rather than go public, most owners decided to leave the league, or stop playing HBD all together.
I and a few others returned; I haven't made any official overtures to fill because of the number of Gehrig openings being so large, and so many other HBD leagues struggle to fill.

But I welcome anyone looking for a new league. Our traditional private world rules were a modest MWR of 60 games over 2 consecutive seasons. I would definitely want to continue the league as a private one, with a similar (if not the same) MWR in place.

So help out the Iron Horse and help make Gehrig a good place again.
4/21/2018 11:38 AM
Get in here! We are now halfway there!
9/25/2018 10:43 AM
This could be a real feel-good story: long-established HBD world hits a major bump some time ago, but after having 29-30 openings at one point, now has rebounded through commitment (and stubbornness!) to climb back to halfway there. Veteran owners, give it a shot!
9/25/2018 2:19 PM
could not let this world fall by the wayside it is Gehrig it has risen from the ashes complete the cycle and join
9/25/2018 2:34 PM
join this world it will be worth the wait
9/26/2018 8:13 AM
cain. he's a skank
10/2/2018 9:45 PM
Anyone willing to swap into Steinbrenner? We currently have 14 openings and I am trying to save the league. I'll take a team in Gehrig if someone is willing to go to Steinbrenner.
10/7/2018 5:08 PM
We are down to 10 in Steinbrenner. Still willing to swap into Gehrig myself if an owner from Gehrig will go to Steinbrenner!
10/9/2018 10:45 AM
The Gehrig Regulars (Gehrigulars?) that have stuck it out for over a year and a half are some of the greatest owners in HBD. I've never been prouder to be part of a group of such dedicated/foolish people.
10/15/2018 5:06 PM
it's Gehrig join
10/21/2018 6:16 AM
SAVE A WORLD - PLEASE JOIN GEHRIG! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.