Does WIS really care? Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
That’s how it’s intended to work. If you had a 61% chance to sign, you were likely beating your rival ~56-44 in terms of actual effort credit accumulated. The game is designed to assign recruits based on probability. WIS has already given you extra credit for being “in the lead” on effort credit, so your chances were already improved. But 50.1 doesn’t win 100% of the time anymore, now it’s closer to 52% of the time. At 61%, you are going to lose ~2 of every 5 battles.
4/21/2018 1:43 PM
While I understand that logic, I am on the losing end unless it is a 100% lock. So I guess I would be better if it was 2 out of 5, but it is not....It is difficult when they limit how much effort you can put in and then are left to just hope. I have lost on even higher odds but when you have A plus prestige at a power conference, max out your effort and lose to a school from a lower conference with low odds, I feel like I should just play the lottery as this recruiting is much like a lottery.
4/21/2018 5:39 PM
I wish 60% or more effort would be enough, but sounds like there's a lot of opposition to that idea
4/21/2018 7:06 PM
Who wins all these battles? No one ever posts the good news.
4/21/2018 7:14 PM
Posted by hypnotoad on 4/21/2018 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Not true
4/21/2018 7:40 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/21/2018 7:40:00 PM (view original):
Not true
Ok so you do. (I'm also in the black I think).
4/21/2018 7:48 PM
I know that math is hard. But one thing that should be a simple concept to understand is that neither 61% or 76% is the same as 100%. You're not always going to win battles you are favored to win.

Deal with it and stop crying.
4/21/2018 8:17 PM
Posted by tecwrg on 4/21/2018 8:17:00 PM (view original):
I know that math is hard. But one thing that should be a simple concept to understand is that neither 61% or 76% is the same as 100%. You're not always going to win battles you are favored to win.

Deal with it and stop crying.
50.1% used to sign with you 100% of the time. Lots of people like the slight change, but it may have gone a little to far.

...math can be hard, but one thing I know is a 49.3% career win-percentage is not very good.

4/21/2018 8:43 PM
What I would say then is that they need to remove the spending caps. It is a helpless feeling when you spend as much as you possibly can and then are beaten constantly. Sure you aren’t going to win them all even with 60-80% odds in your favor, but when it continually happens, there needs to be a change in programming somewhere. If I want a guy really bad to the point where I want to spend more than 20HV and 1 CV , I should be afforded that. Otherwise, I am always feeling like I have been capped and left feeling disappointed when I lose another battle to someone with a lower prestige and lower percent chance to win.
4/21/2018 8:56 PM
Posted by Benis on 4/21/2018 7:40:00 PM (view original):
Not true
Thanks for the share Benis! While it worked out great for you, I am the one that sits at the top spot watching another one slip away. Unless it is 100%, I am doomed....
4/21/2018 9:06 PM
1|2|3...15 Next ▸
Does WIS really care? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.