Does WIS really care? Topic

Posted by kevbo65 on 4/21/2018 9:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 4/21/2018 7:40:00 PM (view original):
Posted by hypnotoad on 4/21/2018 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Who wins all these battles? No one ever posts the good news.
Not true
Thanks for the share Benis! While it worked out great for you, I am the one that sits at the top spot watching another one slip away. Unless it is 100%, I am doomed....
This was rare. And all my luck has been at NMSU. In Tark I've won 2 out of 15 dice rolls... no bueno.
4/21/2018 9:09 PM
I think they should go the other way and limit home visits to between 5 and 10 to encourage more battles and allow for enough money for fallback options to lessen the impact of losing battles.
4/21/2018 10:10 PM
Wow y’all just suck at recruiting. I have yet to have a problem with 3.0 recruiting process after I learned the ins and outs
4/21/2018 10:22 PM
Posted by grecianfox on 4/21/2018 10:10:00 PM (view original):
I think they should go the other way and limit home visits to between 5 and 10 to encourage more battles and allow for enough money for fallback options to lessen the impact of losing battles.
Agree 100%, this good idea was killed in beta but it needs to be revisited. It makes no sense at all for WIS to encourage coaches to plow all their resources into just 1 or 2 recruits per scholly.

(Yes shoopman, I know you don't have to do this, but the game design encourages it.)
4/21/2018 10:29 PM
Posted by kevbo65 on 4/21/2018 1:20:00 PM (view original):
In Hoops Dynasty...

Maxed out what I could offer and even with a 61% chance to sign, I still lose out....Very close to leaving a game that I have been in season 1 and don’t think that they really care!!!

End of rant
I've won at 33% and I've lost at 67%. It evens out.
4/21/2018 10:30 PM
Posted by zagsrulez on 4/21/2018 10:22:00 PM (view original):
Wow y’all just suck at recruiting. I have yet to have a problem with 3.0 recruiting process after I learned the ins and outs
While your opinion thinks I suck at recruiting, I am very intentional and have been since this game was created. I am simply pointing out flaws in this game and with the great amount of time and money I have put into this platform, I feel I have a right to my opinion as well. While the program cosmetically looks great, there are some kinks that need to be worked out. Will I always get a recruit when my effort is better than someone else’s, no, however when they start to add up, my 70% chance has statistically played out to be more like a 30% chance.
4/21/2018 10:36 PM
It is indeed another way to look at it and definitely something to consider...
4/21/2018 10:41 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 4/21/2018 10:29:00 PM (view original):
Agree 100%, this good idea was killed in beta but it needs to be revisited. It makes no sense at all for WIS to encourage coaches to plow all their resources into just 1 or 2 recruits per scholly.

(Yes shoopman, I know you don't have to do this, but the game design encourages it.)
I agree 100% as well. In fact, I’ve advocated - since the very beginning - for removing $ altogether from recruiting, and having visits unlocked by attention and promises, and limited to 5, at the discretion of the recruit. If you accumulate enough effort credit with him, through attention, preference matches, and promises, then he will allow you to visit up to 5 times, and it shouldn’t matter how many open scholarships you have.
4/21/2018 10:56 PM
Posted by kevbo65 on 4/21/2018 10:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 4/21/2018 10:22:00 PM (view original):
While your opinion thinks I suck at recruiting, I am very intentional and have been since this game was created. I am simply pointing out flaws in this game and with the great amount of time and money I have put into this platform, I feel I have a right to my opinion as well. While the program cosmetically looks great, there are some kinks that need to be worked out. Will I always get a recruit when my effort is better than someone else’s, no, however when they start to add up, my 70% chance has statistically played out to be more like a 30% chance.
I get the sentiment, which is why it was really stupid to start posting the considering odds. But it’s just not true. Your impression is based on small sample size. The more examples that pile up, the closer you will get to 70%.
4/21/2018 11:07 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by l80r20 on 4/21/2018 11:28:00 PM (view original):
In all the whining-about-recruiting threads, I have yet to see a single thing pointed out in the game (either HD or GD) that prevents us from recruiting intelligently. I am beginning to think the problem may be with the recruiters, not the game. Ya think?
You can try to label me as a whiner or an unintelligent recruiter but just perhaps I have a valid point that needs to be considered...As mentioned before, as someone that has spent a great deal of both time and money in this platform, I feel that I have earned the right to an opinion. While it is certainly fine if others want to ridicule me, I know that I am not the only person that feels that this game could use an adjustment to this part of the program. It has a great visual appearance and all I am asking that some tweaks be made so that realism that the WhatIfSports platform was created upon is maintained. If I am just deemed a whiner after being here since the game’s inception and greatly supporting the platform with both time and money, then perhaps it is my time to go...
4/21/2018 11:48 PM
Sorry if you felt I was speaking specifically about you. I wasn't, it seems like there have been dozens of these threads. No need to be defensive. But I also see nothing in this thread that gives any example of anything preventing us from recruiting intelligently.
4/22/2018 12:36 AM
Posted by l80r20 on 4/22/2018 12:36:00 AM (view original):
Sorry if you felt I was speaking specifically about you. I wasn't, it seems like there have been dozens of these threads. No need to be defensive. But I also see nothing in this thread that gives any example of anything preventing us from recruiting intelligently.
And what would your definition of "recruiting intelligently" be?
4/22/2018 3:12 AM
Posted by shoe3 on 4/21/2018 10:58:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 4/21/2018 10:29:00 PM (view original):

I agree 100% as well. In fact, I’ve advocated - since the very beginning - for removing $ altogether from recruiting, and having visits unlocked by attention and promises, and limited to 5, at the discretion of the recruit. If you accumulate enough effort credit with him, through attention, preference matches, and promises, then he will allow you to visit up to 5 times, and it shouldn’t matter how many open scholarships you have.
Well thank god sable didn't listen to that feedback at least..............

Or else we can change the name to What If Bingo and hope the lucky lottery balls come up with your team's name on them.
4/22/2018 3:58 AM
Max 5 home visits! This sounds incredibly boring and removes so much strategy from recruiting.

I'd basically just pick ten guys and send my 5 HVs and then sit back and wait for the dice roll. No back and forth action going on there. Snoozefest.
4/22/2018 6:00 AM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...15 Next ▸
Does WIS really care? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.