JFK 1993 Memorial Prog League: FULL! Topic

RULES

Unlimited keepers in non-expansion years (see below). 35-win minimum for lottery. Average AAA, 6 hitters and 4 pitchers. DH at AL parks; pitcher bats in NL parks. No WW. No clones. Trades are allowed. During the 1993 season, you may trade players and 1994 draft picks. As of the 1993-94 offseason, you may trade players and 1995 picks as well as those from 1994, but may not trade 1996 picks until the 1994-95 offseason.

DRAFT LOTTERY

As of the 1993 draft, numbers 1, 2, and 3 will be assigned in reverse order of the standings to the worst 3 lottery-qualified teams regardless of whether any worse teams did not qualify. Previously in such a case, the numbers drawn would inversely correspond to the qualified teams' standing among all teams (i.e. 1, 4, and 6).

TIEBREAKERS FOR DRAFT

If there is a tie between 2 teams (or between 3 or more teams in the same league -- NL or AL), then the team with the worse (worst) head-to-head record gets the higher (highest) pick. After that, it's season run differential with the lower (lowest) one picking first, and after that, it's a coin flip called by the senior member, or a random draw if it's 3 or more teams. If it's more than 2 teams in different leagues, it goes straight to season run differential, then reverts to the first possible tiebreaker. Coin flip or random draw will occur only after all tiebreakers have been exhausted. The orders of coin flips and random draws will alternate from round to round, with the team in front moving to the back.

EXPANSION

Beginning with the 1998 season, the current 20-team league will expand for the final time to 24 teams, with 3 divisions and a wild card in each league. Following the 1997 season, there shall be 15 initial keepers per established team.

After an established team loses a player, its owner may choose to pull back up to 2 players from being drafted in this expansion draft. Once an established team loses a player, it may not lose another player until all 20 established teams have lost 1 player each. Once an established team loses a 2nd player, it may not lose a 3rd player until all 20 established teams have lost 2 players each. Then its owner may choose to pull back 1 more player from being drafted in this expansion draft.

Each round is 20 players, 5 to each expansion team. Once an expansion team has drafted 15 players, it is done drafting in the expansion draft. When all 4 expansion teams have 15 players each, the expansion draft is over. IR players are included in this draft, so they may be protected as one of a team's 15 keepers or its later pullbacks, or drafted if the player is unprotected.

The order of the expansion draft shall be drawn as A, B, C, and D by a neutral party, with A being the first owner to claim a team, B being the second, C being the third, and D being the fourth. The expansion draft shall be in a snake format, and the second round shall be in reverse order.
4/21/2018 10:59 PM
The league is now full! Thank you to all who have joined this league!
5/10/2018 10:56 PM (edited)
If still available,I'll take San Francisco.
4/22/2018 2:26 PM
San Francisco is taken.
4/22/2018 2:46 PM
Thank you, Dowg.

Brian1648 is taking LA, so thank you, Brian, as well.
4/22/2018 4:12 PM
Flippen has Pittsburgh. 4 owners needed. Thank you, Flip!
4/26/2018 9:22 PM
Goetz93 has Cleveland. 3 owners needed. Thank you, Goetz!
4/28/2018 10:33 PM
all of these teams can contend
4/29/2018 5:32 AM
Flippen also has the Angels. 2 owners needed. Thanks again, Flip!
4/29/2018 9:26 PM
I will take AL East New York.
I read the rules- some what confusing, but i'll take a shot.
Year is 1993?
5/3/2018 7:46 AM
how do you draft IR players
5/3/2018 8:29 AM
It’s a progressive. You just hold them till they return, then you have to either keep them or drop them.
5/3/2018 12:49 PM
Thank you, Archer.
5/3/2018 2:32 PM
donaldjtrump, it will not let me draft Gerald Perry-1993
he doesn't show up. you have him as DRAFTED -NO
Thanks
5/3/2018 2:54 PM
he comes up..got to go to search and where it says games played hit zero
5/3/2018 3:17 PM
12 Next ▸
JFK 1993 Memorial Prog League: FULL! Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.