Prestige Difference Topic

I may have been executing an incorrect key word search. I assume this has been posted before but couldn't find the topic. I apologize if it's right in front of my face on the forums. :)

Has there been any discussion on the gap between team Prestige in terms of recruiting? I'm trying to figure out D1 recruiting. C- team dumped 20 home visits, campus visit, guaranteed starter, guaranteed minutes and average 45 APs per cycle with two running at 80.
The consideration breakdown is currently:
A+ prestige team is at Very High
C+ team is at High
C- at Moderate

This example also assumes the other teams did the exact same recruiting effort as C-.
I get that UNC and Kentucky is a preferred destination over a Wright St or East Tenn State. My question is, how many preferences in your favor would you need to make up the gap between each grade? Is there really that much difference between C+ and C-? C+ team at high and C- won't even be in the mix?
4/24/2018 8:00 AM

You would need 3 or 4 preferences to be H or VH for your team and L or VL for the others. As a rule of thumb, I don’t get into recruiting battles with teams more than 3 prestige levels higher than me (ex: C- to a B) unless preferences are really in my favor.
4/24/2018 8:49 AM
Given the same effort, promises, attention and preferences, a C+ team is generally on the cusp of signing range against an A+ (not a high A+, though). He may be listed at high, but if everything else is truly equal, that high is very low. A little extra effort from the A+, if there’s any left to give, would likely push that C+ to moderate.

The prestige range is, I suspect, just a hair under 2 full prestige grades; meaning, given absolutely identical circumstances, effort, promises, etc, a team 2 full grades down is going to be “on the cusp” of slipping in to signing range, where they’ll have something like a 1 in 4or5 shot at the guy. Some C+ will make it, some will not, that’s my impression after lots of battle analyses throughout 3.0, including beta. It might be a little under 2 full grades. I’m confident it is not more than 2 full grades. So no, given the same circumstances, I would not expect any C- team to be able to get into signing range, while some C+ teams may.
4/24/2018 3:53 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 4/24/2018 3:54:00 PM (view original):
Given the same effort, promises, attention and preferences, a C+ team is generally on the cusp of signing range against an A+ (not a high A+, though). He may be listed at high, but if everything else is truly equal, that high is very low. A little extra effort from the A+, if there’s any left to give, would likely push that C+ to moderate.

The prestige range is, I suspect, just a hair under 2 full prestige grades; meaning, given absolutely identical circumstances, effort, promises, etc, a team 2 full grades down is going to be “on the cusp” of slipping in to signing range, where they’ll have something like a 1 in 4or5 shot at the guy. Some C+ will make it, some will not, that’s my impression after lots of battle analyses throughout 3.0, including beta. It might be a little under 2 full grades. I’m confident it is not more than 2 full grades. So no, given the same circumstances, I would not expect any C- team to be able to get into signing range, while some C+ teams may.
That is good info shoe. Thanks. I recently broke into D1 for the first time and this exact question was what was throwing me off with recruiting at that level. For me, it has been hard to tell if I have a shot at signing a guy or nott.
4/24/2018 4:13 PM
Also keep in mind, most battle analyses I’ve done have included visits. I don’t know how well this would hold at lower divisions in battles that may not include visits.
4/24/2018 4:20 PM
Posted by shoe3 on 4/24/2018 3:54:00 PM (view original):

appreciate your insight.
that makes sense. the C+ team ended up dropping to moderate as well.
4/24/2018 9:50 PM
Prestige Difference Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.