Buck Showalter Topic

I'm really curious to know how Showalter has built up his reputation as an elite manager. He's a solid manager, but nothing about him is elite. He's stubborn and set in his ways, he sticks with underperforming veterans too long, he makes suspect pitching decisions, and he's never won anything. Any other manager in his situation would've been canned by now. He's done a lot of good in Baltimore, but he's really gone downhill the last couple seasons. The Orioles need changes at manager and GM yesterday.
4/26/2018 9:48 AM
mostly I think Baltimore needs a change of ownership
4/26/2018 12:06 PM
Peter Angelos's sons have been taking over more lately, and I think that shows in the last few seasons. They've opened up the purse strings a bit more. I think Duquette is the main problem and absolutely needs to go. But Showalter is not getting anything out of these players right now either.
4/26/2018 1:49 PM
Fire Buck. And everyone else.
5/7/2018 4:50 PM
The Orioles ownership is abysmal. If you think anything other than that is keeping this organization from winning then you aren't doing your homework. The fact that they've had any success at all is amazing to me. Duquette and Buck have succeeded in spite of the Angelos family and their utter refusal or ineptness to create a functioning MLB organization. They are a laughing stock among the other organizations. A recent article:
https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/redsox/2018/05/12/how-orioles-became-most-dysfunctional-organization-baseball/gZx5qyDTYFmhCb53KDQ3dI/story.html
7/12/2018 5:20 PM
Buck Showalter Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.