2018 NFL DRAFT Topic

And with the first pick, the CLEVELAND BROWNS select...

A quarterback that will wash out in 3 years???
The best RB prospect to come out in a few years???
A quarterback that will finally end the Cleveland QB curse???

But with the 4th Pick, maybe they do what would be a dream scenario...

They man up and draft Saquon Barkley at #1 and then they trade #4 to Buffalo for 12+22 and then draft LAMAR JACKSON at #12, who is PERFECT to develop for a year or two under Tyrod Taylor. And at #22 they take the proverbial "Best Player Available" and add to a really great stable of young talent mixed with vets like Taylor, Carlos Hyde and Jarvis Landry and the returning Josh Gordon. They pull this off right and they won't be a laughingstock for very much longer.

I'd also love it if they took Barkley at #1 and either Nelson or Chubb at #4 after the Giants, (and the rest of the NFL) totally FREAK THE **** OUT! If Cleveland takes Barkley, the Giants either trade out or take Nelson for the OL. If they're staying with Manning, they're getting him help this year and not draft a QB in Round 1. The Jets then get 1st crack at the QB's or at worst, 2nd crack if the Giants trade out. Then Cleveland is left at #4 with at least 3 solid QB options and the chance to make a VERY lucrative deal and STILL land Jackson, who fits them best in my opinion. They can get a solid developable QB in Round 2 or 3 if they deal down as well. This would be a BALLS move by Cleveland but unfortunately, we all know about Cleveland's balls.
4/26/2018 6:41 PM (edited)
I want : Mayfield, Rosen, Allen for the Jets! no more USC qb's!
4/26/2018 6:47 PM
4/26/2018 8:06 PM
******* it!
4/26/2018 8:33 PM
It was beautiful reading down to that inevitable last post.
4/26/2018 8:51 PM
And Cleveland traded down the #1 overall to the #15 overall and didn't get anything back...
4/26/2018 8:52 PM
2018 NFL DRAFT Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.