Probably not a popular opinion, but I'd start Logan at PG and Hoffman at SG.
4/30/2018 1:38 PM
I was leaning towards Hoffman at SG because of his defense and his poor passer rating. Logan’s an option I was considering at PG. Also Dorsey because he’s fast and the best passer of the group.
4/30/2018 2:42 PM
Acknowledging that I don't really ever run Flex and I haven't done D3 in a bit, I'd try Delagadillo at PG and slide Shay or Hoffman to the 3. He's got the best passing rating out of the guys who have elite ATH/DEF and his BH is best. Shay and Hoffman both have enough REB that I'd be comfortable having them at the SF spot, even better than Delgadillo. Would also make you ridiculously hard to game plan against as you'd have a ton of inside and outside options.

If it were me I'd go Delgadillo/Shay/Hoffman with Dorsey as my top backup at the 1/2 where he should kill the backups and his D isn't as exposed.

EDIT: He's got a higher IQ on Flex than Dorsey as well.
4/30/2018 3:36 PM
You should start Logan at the 1 based on this ability to score. Logan also has the best combo of a passing and ball handling skills, you can't pass the ball if you fundamentally can't move it up the court. I would start Hoffman at the two spot hoping to draw another scoring 2 and not a defensive 2. The great thing about Hoffman is, even if you do get a defensive 2 Hoffman still has the ability to get open with his speed and simply what the Flex is about. If a coach cheats inside you get the kick to either guard. Starting these two you do lose a little with Logan on the defensive end, but he can offensively set up the team and makes up for it with his scoring ability. Hoffman also solidifies the 2 spot defensively. You take Dorsey and put him at the #1 PG SUB and Shay as the 2 or 3 #1 Sub and you got some offense on both lineups. Dorsey and Shay being your fastest guys should help them free up for shots as well.

I get starting Delgadillo but you'd have to start Logan AND Hoffman at the 2 and 3. Your team's punch is from outside so you need your best shooter on the floor as often as possible. If Delgadillo is starting at the PG spot then my ace from outside Logan better be somewhere spotting up or for the easy kick look.
5/1/2018 4:05 PM
PG: Logan, Dorsey,
SG: Delgadillo, Shay,
SF: Hofmann, Shay, Sims

Move Dorsey to starting PG when his IQ improves and if/when his def/bh/pass improves then bring Logan off bench to drop bombs.
5/1/2018 4:38 PM
Interesting. I’ll experiment with a couple lineups.
5/1/2018 6:51 PM
Thanks
5/1/2018 6:51 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.