Opinions on this pitcher Topic

https://www.whatifsports.com/hbd/Pages/Popups/PlayerRatings.aspx?pid=8716487

Will he ever be a great starting pitcher? He is only 20 with 2 pro years and is projected for his splits to be 81 / 89 and his pitches to be 81 / 76 / 69. I've never had a SP pitcher with these great splits but with only 3 pitches. And he is a sift thrower.

I am not sure if he will reach his full projections, but at this point, do you think he can be a starting pitcher? A good one and consistent?

Thx
4/30/2018 5:10 PM
MikeT23 always said that three-pitch SPs could be inconsistent. Buzz Walker was when he was younger, but in his 30s he turned into a workhorse and won a Cy for me.

4/30/2018 5:34 PM
First of all, as you can tell from his development curve this season, he's almost done developing.

That said, he's already a very good SP2/borderline SP1. His ERA will be almost a run under league average; think 3.70-ish in the Cell in the AL. A little homer-prone but he'll be quite solid.
5/1/2018 4:43 PM
Opinions on this pitcher Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.