Season 141 Coach of the Year Winners Topic

Congratulations to our Season 141 Coach of the Year Winners!
D2: Gators_06 - Saint Joseph's
D1AA: Jeffc7823 - Stephen F. Austin
D1: Mcbethbr - Troy State
5/1/2018 10:03 PM
out of the gate - if coaches are nominated for these awards, its an obvious indication of tremendous success, so I dont want anyone thinking my commentary is critical of any coach (other than the ones voting maybe :))

Jeffc is a GREAT coach and formidable opponent. Didn't win the NC, didn't win his CC, didn't play in his CC. he lost the NC to JD who can't get a vote since it was his third NC in a row. three in a row? Yeah, lets find someone else.

Mcbethbr has Troy State in the NC conversation... regularly. z32 actually won it, though and went through the toughest division in the toughest conference to do it. went undefeated in a gauntlet of a BEAST, lost the CC to a DePaul team that he got the opportunity to face again and conquer that demon (see what I did there?). If z32 can't win COY in 141, he should never. He won't do a better job than he sis then and I dont know if I've seen a better NC season than that one since I've been playing GD.
5/1/2018 11:26 PM
Schooly, these thoughts are great but they will better serve your purpose if you write them via a media outlet :)

Congrats everyone! Very well deserved.
5/2/2018 12:58 PM
Posted by SchoolyMe on 5/1/2018 11:26:00 PM (view original):
out of the gate - if coaches are nominated for these awards, its an obvious indication of tremendous success, so I dont want anyone thinking my commentary is critical of any coach (other than the ones voting maybe :))

Jeffc is a GREAT coach and formidable opponent. Didn't win the NC, didn't win his CC, didn't play in his CC. he lost the NC to JD who can't get a vote since it was his third NC in a row. three in a row? Yeah, lets find someone else.

Mcbethbr has Troy State in the NC conversation... regularly. z32 actually won it, though and went through the toughest division in the toughest conference to do it. went undefeated in a gauntlet of a BEAST, lost the CC to a DePaul team that he got the opportunity to face again and conquer that demon (see what I did there?). If z32 can't win COY in 141, he should never. He won't do a better job than he sis then and I dont know if I've seen a better NC season than that one since I've been playing GD.
Agreed, odd choices.
5/2/2018 1:36 PM
Posted by cjsweat on 5/2/2018 12:58:00 PM (view original):
Schooly, these thoughts are great but they will better serve your purpose if you write them via a media outlet :)

Congrats everyone! Very well deserved.
there's a law of diminishing return with my commentary, CJ... after a couple lines, it goes south pretty quick, lol... I do think the Wikl media scene needs a villain, though. too much harmony :)
5/2/2018 3:14 PM
I voted for HarrisWB for D2. Anyone that runs the wishbone on offense and sticks with it gets my vote. Keep it rolling Bill.
5/2/2018 4:27 PM
Congratulations to all winners! Great job guys!
5/2/2018 5:27 PM
Kudos all...
5/2/2018 8:20 PM
Congratulations to all...
5/2/2018 8:53 PM
I liked z32 (Rutgers) and mp's (LSU) seasons in D1A this year. Thank you for those who voted for Troy State. Good luck recruiting everyone!
5/3/2018 7:40 AM
Great Job Winners
5/5/2018 12:40 AM
Posted by gators06 on 5/2/2018 4:27:00 PM (view original):
I voted for HarrisWB for D2. Anyone that runs the wishbone on offense and sticks with it gets my vote. Keep it rolling Bill.
Thanks gators. Much appreciated. But I'm still like 0-20 vs you all time....regardless of my coaching scheme....

Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results......
5/10/2018 9:25 AM
Season 141 Coach of the Year Winners Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.