Compensation Picks Topic

To get a comp pick, the help says: "In order to receive Type "D" compensation, you must offer the draft pick his initial demands, he must refuse to sign the contract, and the contract must never be withdrawn at any time during the current season."

But what happens if I didn't offer his initial demands but I get this message: "My client appreciates the generous offer, but he is still contemplating playing pro football. The boy's room is covered in football posters, so I'm thinking he may opt for the pigskin. I'll keep you posted."

Later I get: "Bad news, gentlemen. He has decided to forego baseball this season and is exploring other options. Keep him in mind in the future, though; you never know what might happen."

Now, I have the red "X". He initially was contemplating the offer...would I still get a comp pick next season?
5/2/2018 11:44 AM
If you did not offer his initial demands, you will not get a comp pick. Do you still have the initial email response from your first offer? If you do, you can try offering again.
5/2/2018 2:41 PM
Already tried that "trick" 3x. Guess I'll offer him full demands if he's just going to decline anyhow!
5/2/2018 3:25 PM
Compensation Picks Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.