Sequence of rescinding / offering a schollie Topic

I've got a recruit I want to offer a scholarship to (we're on the last day in period 2). My spots are all filled but I have someone I'm willing to rescind to get the new recruit in. I see the Offer Scholarship button is already activated for the recruit. Can I offer him now, then once he's interested in me, I rescind the current player? Or do I have to rescind first to get the recruit interested in me?
5/3/2018 10:09 AM
You can definitely get a player interested in you (and offer a scholarship) without having an open scholarship, though I’ve never personally tried to get a player interested with a scholarship offer alone.

My thinking is your plan should work, unless another school has the same idea this cycle.
5/3/2018 10:32 AM
"I’ve never personally tried to get a player interested with a scholarship offer alone." Good, because the offer of a scholarship alone doesn't raise the recruits interest at all. On the last day, the recruits that are automatically opened up for offers could sign with just the offer if no one else has put any recruiting effort into them.
To the OP, you must rescind and take the chance that you will subsequently fill the schollie. I would give two or three equivalent players the final offer, since if you just offer one you could easily be out-recruited on that guy. Tip the odds in your favor by preparing several players for that last schollie.
5/3/2018 12:34 PM
"Good, because the offer of a scholarship alone doesn't raise the recruits interest at all."

Incorrect.
5/3/2018 12:58 PM
Posted by Benis on 5/3/2018 12:58:00 PM (view original):
"Good, because the offer of a scholarship alone doesn't raise the recruits interest at all."

Incorrect.
Yeah, I just went straight to Very High with just a schollie. (Again, last day of recruiting, with a recruit at my level.)
5/3/2018 3:54 PM
I stand corrected. I should have said the offer of a scholarship doesn't raise the recruit's interest significantly, except on the last day when even a phone call to the gas station on the corner of his block sends him into deliriums. And if he goes to VH with just the offer of a schollie I'll bet you there was no interest from any other school, or they were VH as well.
5/3/2018 4:16 PM
Posted by DeBeque on 5/3/2018 4:17:00 PM (view original):
I stand corrected. I should have said the offer of a scholarship doesn't raise the recruit's interest significantly, except on the last day when even a phone call to the gas station on the corner of his block sends him into deliriums. And if he goes to VH with just the offer of a schollie I'll bet you there was no interest from any other school, or they were VH as well.
Another spud ALT?
5/3/2018 5:00 PM
Posted by DeBeque on 5/3/2018 4:17:00 PM (view original):
Oh hey Spud.
5/3/2018 5:01 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 5/3/2018 12:34:00 PM (view original):
"I’ve never personally tried to get a player interested with a scholarship offer alone." Good, because the offer of a scholarship alone doesn't raise the recruits interest at all. On the last day, the recruits that are automatically opened up for offers could sign with just the offer if no one else has put any recruiting effort into them.
To the OP, you must rescind and take the chance that you will subsequently fill the schollie. I would give two or three equivalent players the final offer, since if you just offer one you could easily be out-recruited on that guy. Tip the odds in your favor by preparing several players for that last schollie.
Accidentally posted from your secret account. Again.

what a dummy
5/3/2018 5:02 PM
Plays in an all SIM conference? Check
Can still never get deep into the NT? Check

Yeah looks like spud alright. Pin this one benis for future reference.
5/3/2018 5:19 PM
Posted by mullycj on 5/3/2018 5:19:00 PM (view original):
Plays in an all SIM conference? Check
Can still never get deep into the NT? Check

Yeah looks like spud alright. Pin this one benis for future reference.
At least he hasn't denied this one yet. Progress...

Pretty ridiculous this guy just has all these accounts that he intentionally hides and then misleads people with.

Not to mention this Debeque account has teams in Crum and Wooden - the same worlds that he had teams with CoachSpud and l80r20.

5/4/2018 8:21 AM
just wow.
5/4/2018 8:44 AM
Sequence of rescinding / offering a schollie Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.