EE Sweepstakes Thread Topic

Let's try a new fun EE thread. Post guys who actually stuck around for another season of college ball but had no business doing so.

I'll start

Tim Tague #10 on Big Board
5/3/2018 1:00 PM
I think it was Minnesota in Knight about 10 seasons ago that had a C that had a 100 rating in ath, reb, blk, def, AND Lp and stuck around for his senior season. Crazy.
5/3/2018 2:23 PM
Season 112: SG Donald Evans stayed for his SR year after UCLA is eliminated in the E8 missing a second 3peat in 7 seasons (was #6 on the board if I remember correctly).
5/4/2018 12:13 AM
Posted by buddhagamer on 5/4/2018 12:14:00 AM (view original):
Season 112: SG Donald Evans stayed for his SR year after UCLA is eliminated in the E8 missing a second 3peat in 7 seasons (was #6 on the board if I remember correctly).
It was his low BH and PER that made him go back. Slacker.
5/4/2018 8:49 AM
A little off topic, but I was surprised to see Roy Pedro at 77 on the Big Board in Knight - he's capped on his cores, so will he probably be knocked off the BB by the end of the season?
5/4/2018 10:23 AM
Today's sweepstakes winner is Southern California who had #4 player on big board return in Allen.

Meanwhile NMSU lost the #43, #57 and #90.

Should have picked up a few more Bingo boards during the season.
7/6/2018 7:25 AM
Woot!!

Nothing like ******* off customers in a game where they are fighting for your entertainment dollar and time.
7/6/2018 9:58 AM
Yeah, I hate when the game isn't a straight algebra equation!
7/6/2018 11:42 AM
Yeah I am sure everyone prefers to lose EEs who are off the board when conference mates hold onto their "likely going" players. Sure makes a lot of sense. Glad you like it.
7/6/2018 12:39 PM
Last year in Knight, Arizona had #2 and #3 on the draft board (both juniors and likely going), won the National Championsip and they both stayed.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=12778

(Barnes and Thompson)
7/6/2018 12:57 PM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 7/6/2018 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Yeah, I hate when the game isn't a straight algebra equation!
I know, me too.
7/6/2018 1:25 PM
I had Robert Young 14, got me to the final four in Phelan this season. It's what I have said, ees are so random, they change the faith of teams. In contrario, I lost 4,5,4 ees three seasons where I wanted to give up on D1
7/6/2018 1:44 PM
https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Default.aspx?pid=3855732

not the best player ever but he was top ten on the board last year and came back after a final four season. Was shocked. Had been planning on him leaving the whole season.

Is there any correlation between recruit ranking and likelihood of being an early entry? I have a nice player who was the 14th ranked shooting guard in his class, and he is showing up on the draft board now as a sophomore....

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/PlayerProfile/Default.aspx?pid=3936916
7/6/2018 4:44 PM
I don't get why the top teams on the projection report always make the tourney. This sort of straight algebraic outcome is dumb. I think there should be a chance that a team in top 10 of projection report misses the tournament and a chance a team in the 200 range can make the tournament instead.

Sound good guys? Lets level the playing field here.
7/6/2018 9:07 PM
Posted by Benis on 7/6/2018 9:07:00 PM (view original):
I don't get why the top teams on the projection report always make the tourney. This sort of straight algebraic outcome is dumb. I think there should be a chance that a team in top 10 of projection report misses the tournament and a chance a team in the 200 range can make the tournament instead.

Sound good guys? Lets level the playing field here.
Did you flunk analogy school again, Benis?

The players declining to enter the draft make a choice. They don’t get magically overlooked. The draft being based on probability rather than algebra is a function of this being an intelligent sim, approximating the variable of human choice. You can say it should be more rare, for the sake of realism, that a lottery level player comes back - but by the same argument, we should then also see far more one-and-dones. And if the point is avoid making people angry, this may not be productive.

When modern teams start turning down a top 3 seed in the NCAA tourney in order to play in the NIT, you may have a point.
7/6/2018 9:55 PM (edited)
123 Next ▸
EE Sweepstakes Thread Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.