Practice Planning - Team Practice Topic

I'm wondering if there's a commonly accepted rule of thumb regarding how minutes to put towards Team vs. Individual practice? I've heard some coaches heavy up on Team Practice for young teams so they can focus on individual skills later in their careers. Since the new update to the game rolled out, I generally have much more even recruiting classes and am trying to set it and forget it. I've had good luck getting most players into the A range by early senior year by dedicating 22 minutes each to offense and defense. Is there wisdom to share on this?
5/4/2018 2:49 PM
I really don't think you go wrong with anywhere between 20-25 minutes for team practice (I sometimes go 30 for defense if I am running zone/press). If you do that and then focus the practice minutes for young players on their cores (i.e. if you have a freshman center with green ratings in rebounding and perimeter, plow minutes into the rebound rating to max it out quicker and then focus on perimeter instead of distributing them equally early on), you'll be fine.

I only revisit my allotments later in the season if I notice that a player is maxed out or very close to it. In my experience, a senior player (that was recruited by me) with 20/25 minutes on O/D always ends up at A/A+ in O/D and yellow/red in every individual skill.
5/4/2018 3:59 PM
I do 23 each.
5/4/2018 7:32 PM
Posted by beachhouse on 5/4/2018 7:32:00 PM (view original):
I do 23 each.
Same
5/4/2018 11:30 PM
In my experience, if I only go low-20s, my upperclassmen turn red so fast that I'm wasting a ton of practice minutes by the middle of each season.
5/5/2018 4:37 PM
25 for each set and I never change it.
5/5/2018 10:14 PM
Practice Planning - Team Practice Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.