Player Not Recovering Topic

Traded for player approx 3 HBD weeks ago. Since then he has not been available to for use. I noticed just about all my trade partner's minor league pitchers were severely fatigued. He is an an experienced owner. Is there a reason to manage your pitchers this way in the minors? It is just an oversight? Should I be concerned that this player may be literally done?

Player Profile: Eric Boudreau - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports
5/6/2018 9:16 AM
It's neglect.

He'll eventually recover, but it will take some time. Perhaps a good portion of the season.
5/6/2018 9:22 AM
First of all if you haven't done so you should inactivate him. That will help him get back to normal. Might take awhile, half a season or maybe rest of season depending on how badly he was abused.

Many owners, experienced or not, just ignore their minor league teams. Sure, they may not have time to fully manage six teams per franchise. Often they just don't care because you don't actually get anything for running minor league teams properly other than assuring that your players develop best as possible. And sometimes they deliberately short their minors in order to spend their money elsewhere, like on International free agents.

Sucks that you traded for a player you can't use for awhile, but he's not done.

5/6/2018 9:27 AM
He threw 215 pitches starting at 0(0) about 45 HBD days ago, and then threw 766 pitches over the 18 HBD days after that. That's presumably when you rescued him from the previous owner. You've only got 32 games left in the minor league season; he's done for that long.

By the way, he's not a prospect.
5/6/2018 12:37 PM
Player Not Recovering Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.