Damn, I was enjoying it...
5/27/2018 3:46 PM
I choose Bob Berry
5/27/2018 3:47 PM
lostnfound you were not the commissioner, u should just make your picks at the assigned times and that is it. Stop worrying about who is late and who has missed etc, Darny would have figure it out. This is supposed to be fun
5/27/2018 3:52 PM
plus if you hate draft leagues why are you in this league, I think you may even have 2 teams?
5/27/2018 3:53 PM
Posted by Poddy on 5/27/2018 3:53:00 PM (view original):
plus if you hate draft leagues why are you in this league, I think you may even have 2 teams?
Poddy the drafting is interesting and fun, if people do the right things. but I have little patience for people who don't give a damn if their picks are already gone. All they need to do is check two things. It disrupts the whole process.. and of course, whoah is me if I call them on it. Take a look at the fallout.. Anyhow, it's done. The guys who wrecked this league are sakicno19 (he has wrecked a few of them, and will never play in mine again) , Tycobb, Kiteport.. who also quit, and one other guy who was never right with his picks.. and paid no attention to the stuff I posted re: How to check if your pick is gong to be right. Simple, right??
5/27/2018 4:23 PM
Posted by myrkur on 5/27/2018 3:40:00 PM (view original):
This is a real bummer. I've spent a TON of time that I didn't have, (more than I should have), looking at players and getting really into this draft. Even when I wasn't drafting a player anytime soon, I was spending my downtime contemplating what kind of player I should get next. It was a lot fun! This was my first draft, and I thought it was really exciting. I'm really upset it ended this way. Anyway... Darny, I think you did a great job organizing all of this and I appreciate your effort. Thank you for trying. I'm sorry it didn't work out in the end. I was really looking forward to this. (and winning the league! :-P). Please, Please, let me know if you change your mind!!
Me too. I actually had a pretty good team with Bossy and the other one rounding out good too. I probably spent half an hour with each pick, including the time to check it out.. exception is the guy I drafted who was 1968-9.. set the search box wrong. Probably spent a good 12 hours in this site.. all for nothing... but I get mad when he blames me for this mess. Up at 6:30 am to make a pick. Here at late at night to make a pick.. it aint worth the trouble
5/27/2018 4:33 PM
Posted by lionized on 5/27/2018 11:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by alanasdad on 5/26/2018 11:11:00 PM (view original):
Posted by lionized on 5/26/2018 7:52:00 PM (view original):
Al McDonough
already picked.... site mail NOT sent....for 2 reasons, I'm lazy, and this is getting out of hand. Darny is making it easy to check if players have already been selected. It literally takes seconds to check....seconds!!
Hey, I did check and because the last name McDonough isn't spelled correctly on the Alpha list, it didn't show up in my search. I also stuck around hoping to not see crap posts like this one. So now we also have to search for possible incorrect spellings?!

I'm done. Sorry Darny. There's too many self-entitled, holier than thou ******** around here and I don't need this ****.
His comment was right on. In case you haven't paid attention, there have been an average of 3-4 picks EVERY round that are already picked by someone else. as for the Spelling, you can do a little bit of footwork and will soon see that Hubie and the other guy weren't even born back then. so you knew who it was you took
5/27/2018 5:08 PM (edited)
Posted by Poddy on 5/27/2018 3:52:00 PM (view original):
lostnfound you were not the commissioner, u should just make your picks at the assigned times and that is it. Stop worrying about who is late and who has missed etc, Darny would have figure it out. This is supposed to be fun
I agree one hundred per cent. That is totally on me. In that regard, I was ut of line, but I am still curious why people refuse to check the list(s) before they pick. One reason I like draft leagues is you can build a winner without having to do the Bossy Gretzky and 6 x 96 D thing.. and I had a VERY good team in the making.. but the other stuff drives me crazy, and that is why I am best off avoiding draft leagues.
5/27/2018 4:58 PM

nottivago
(n): a person who wander in the night; night roamer :-)

The RPHL, it was a great league. What I RESPECTED about it... their DRAFT in Draft Central was PRIVATE.
Anyone who QUIT or FIRED or ACTED OUT or were DRAMA CLOWNS et al... LOST THEIR PRIVILEGES of the league; especially the Draft and main RPHL FORUM. ::::::PERIOD:::::

No need for folks who don’t belong here.

They always say don’t let your dirty clothes hang in the backyard... because those NOTTIVAGO will be sneaking by and enjoy to licking up people’s other dirty.
5/27/2018 5:11 PM
Posted by Buster05 on 5/27/2018 12:58:00 PM (view original):
lostnfound/aldershot. Please stop chastising owners for mistakes. You are ruining this league before it begins. Honey better than vinegar.
Ok. You and Poddy have made your point(s)
5/27/2018 5:17 PM
Cheers to Darny...
It was a shame that some folks, in different levels, needed to be babysitting. It shouldnt be a prioritize as a commissioner to be #1 Babysitter!
5/27/2018 5:25 PM
Posted by Poddy on 5/27/2018 3:53:00 PM (view original):
Yes. When Kiteport quit (and I understand why he did) I took his team, so Darny wouldn't have to go outside the league to find a new owner.
5/27/2018 5:40 PM
Posted by Aldershot on 5/27/2018 5:50:00 PM (view original):
KEEP YOUR ROSTERS! I have an Idea.. it will be in the classifieds, and it will NOT be a draft league, but we keep what we have, and the existing Alpha list will go there too. So nobody picks someone else's player. I remember most of who went, so no sweat. No more draft lists, no more picking time.. Just keep your roster and fill out your team with 4 guys who played between 1984 and 1995 (No twisting and I will blacklist Mario and Kurri over a certain amount). Then draft anyone who played before the first expansion meaning 1966-67 or earlier.. and you can drop/repick ONE goalie from the earlier days.. he has to be under $6 million. . I am not going to 'police' that.. but we need to be able to play this one out. Anyone who is in this is welcome to join, (If you aren't too p.o'd with me) exception is jsakicno19.

Stay tuned and it will be in the classifieds Cap will be 250 million. Trades ON and no ml, or WW max out is going to be 2. No shootout.
I'm out - not joining the new one. Too much drama from you alder/lost. Too bad you ruined yet another league. Calm down. This is only for fun. You make it not so.
5/27/2018 6:28 PM
I'm out too. gonna move on now to whatever leagues will fill.
5/27/2018 6:29 PM
I'm out as well. moving on.
5/27/2018 6:31 PM
◂ Prev 1...25|26|27|28 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.