Posted by Benis on 5/7/2018 10:05:00 PM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 5/7/2018 10:04:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 5/7/2018 9:54:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Wales_ on 5/7/2018 9:50:00 PM (view original):
What happened to him?
He just got fed up with the game's randomness. Which can be debated (and will be debated in the next 40 posts) whether its a good or a bad thing for HD.
What part of randomness?
Just some bad sims in the tourney.
But also the dice rolls and the EEs too.
5/7/2018 10:05 PM
That's too bad. I was Team Only too. When he wanted to be, he was really helpful.
5/7/2018 10:10 PM
Cool story. Especially interesting that he went to the trouble of sending out exhibition requests 2 days ago in Naismith, and instead of ghosting, like literally everyone else who abandons a team, has apparently had himself removed from this now sim-controlled team. I wonder what that process looks like.
5/7/2018 10:27 PM
Yeah his Wisconsin Parkside squad got vacated in DII Knight. Never a big fan of the guy at all. Good riddance.
5/7/2018 11:35 PM
Well at least I can finally stop answering his e-mails/questions which he's been sending for the last 8 months wanting D1 advice/tips on his rosters. I just didn't feel real comfortable some times since he was in Phelan @ Sacramento St. which was in direct competition with me @ UCLA (it was making my job even tougher). He was a great D2/D3 coach but just couldn't handle the EEs and the nuances of high level recruiting/game planning.
5/8/2018 3:18 AM
No one really answered one of the main questions.....

Do Sims ever win titles anymore? I can see it happening with how this topic has unfolded
5/8/2018 3:43 AM
No
5/8/2018 5:42 AM
Well , too bad. He had lucky sims along the way, we forget those.
5/8/2018 7:53 AM
Posted by zorzii on 5/8/2018 7:53:00 AM (view original):
Well , too bad. He had lucky sims along the way, we forget those.
I'm not sure what this means. But my question was based on his vacated teams. Some of them are damn good. I'm curious to see if any succeed in the tournament
5/8/2018 9:43 AM
Posted by topdogggbm on 5/8/2018 3:43:00 AM (view original):

Do Sims ever win titles anymore? I can see it happening with how this topic has unfolded
Cub's old Colorado team was pretty loaded in Wooden after he left for Illinois. They went 28-4, earned a one seed, and made it to the Sweet Sixteen, losing to eventual runner up Cal.

I don't see it happening.
5/8/2018 10:00 AM
If it's ever gonna happen, this would be the moment. But I agree with the others, don't see it happening even with a loaded roster. Sim doesn't game plan or really do anything strategic.
5/8/2018 11:50 AM
He probably has more titles than anyone else over the last 6-12 months. Of course every team/coach gets bad sims from time to time, and bad luck EE's at D1, or recruiting losses with an advantage...but he clearly got a lot of good coinflips as well. I'm obviously not the best coach on the game, but I'm alright, and I only have 3 titles in 250 seasons. He had 9 in 104 seasons on his Viva account. There's almost no one on this game that can rival that type of success. And, randomness is always going to affect any game, just like it affects real life. Look at how many crappy sims Virginia gets in the Tournament.
5/8/2018 12:08 PM
Posted by davidcrone on 5/8/2018 12:08:00 PM (view original):
He probably has more titles than anyone else over the last 6-12 months. Of course every team/coach gets bad sims from time to time, and bad luck EE's at D1, or recruiting losses with an advantage...but he clearly got a lot of good coinflips as well. I'm obviously not the best coach on the game, but I'm alright, and I only have 3 titles in 250 seasons. He had 9 in 104 seasons on his Viva account. There's almost no one on this game that can rival that type of success. And, randomness is always going to affect any game, just like it affects real life. Look at how many crappy sims Virginia gets in the Tournament.
I like the Virginia comment. Surprised no one ran with it
5/8/2018 3:39 PM
He was always nice to me. His perma-ban forum rant was epic.
5/10/2018 9:06 PM
Posted by topdogggbm on 5/8/2018 3:43:00 AM (view original):

Really tough to do, but:

In Crum this season (year 97), New Mexico is in its 2nd year without chapelhillne.
The Lobos are 11-0 with an RPI of 4, SOS of 11, and a #2 ranking.
Their average margin of victory so far is 16 points.

They've already defeated these 9 outstanding human coaches:
at Southern Miss - iccoachb, RPI 116.
at Washington - peterock21, RPI 89.
vs IIllinois - dgravs, RPI 132.
at Green Bay - eric9930, RPI 41
vs UCLA - chapelhillne himself...!, RPI 3
at Pepperdine - simpleton, RPI 52.
vs Stanford - roguedog, RPI 14.
at Long Beach State - willowcards2, RPI 43.
at Rutgers - duke137, RPI 25.
vs Tennessee Tech - with noonway's recruits, RPI 42.
at North Texas (ok, they're weak), RPI 258.

Also, chapelhillne won a National Championship at New Mexico in Crum Season 92.
5/11/2018 8:01 AM
◂ Prev 12345 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.