Winning a Minor League World Series Topic

Is there any benefit to winning a minor league World Series (i.e. do the players get extra makeup points, etc.). I know that you get an extra makeup point if your team makes the playoffs. I also understand that the extra games give you extra potential for higher gains on a development cycle. However, I am wondering if there is any direct benefit from winning a World Series in the minor leagues.
5/8/2018 3:54 PM
" I know that you get an extra makeup point if your team makes the playoffs " - I've never heard of or noticed this before. Do you have a link?
5/8/2018 3:58 PM
I was thinking the same thing. I've never heard that.
5/8/2018 4:04 PM
You do not get extra makeup points.

What you do get is extra playing time for your players which may result in an additional development cycle.
5/8/2018 4:14 PM
Posted by Vitamin_C on 5/8/2018 4:15:00 PM (view original):
You do not get extra makeup points.

What you do get is extra playing time for your players which may result in an additional development cycle.
That's what I always figured too.
5/8/2018 4:24 PM
Straight from the FAQ section:
Playoffs Does being in or winning the playoffs help improve my player's development? If so, in what areas? Playoff experience is factored into a player's development progress. It affects a player's makeup rating which, in turn, affects all ratings during player development. For the most part it is a function of playing time, but making the playoffs does give a slight boost to the makeup rating. <br> <br> So, for teams that make the playoffs vs. teams that don't there may be a slight boost to development because those players now have playoff experience.
5/8/2018 5:04 PM
You get that 'we made it' email in the correspondence as well. I was hoping you would get something after winning a minor league world series, but nothing came when I won earlier. So, I guess there is noting 'extra' outside of the extra games played.
5/8/2018 5:06 PM
Huh interesting. Thanks for looking that up.
5/8/2018 5:14 PM
Posted by tlowster on 5/8/2018 5:06:00 PM (view original):
You get that 'we made it' email in the correspondence as well. I was hoping you would get something after winning a minor league world series, but nothing came when I won earlier. So, I guess there is noting 'extra' outside of the extra games played.
Also be aware that the "FAQ" is very old, and has been known to be unclear, misleading or just plain wrong since it was written nearly 20 years ago.

They say " It affects a player's makeup rating" and then a bit later "making the playoffs does give a slight boost to the makeup rating".

Never have I seen a jump in the makeup rating after the minor league WS nor the following season. Players usually develop the makeup rating between seasons if at all, and I've seen no evidence that the "playoff players" develop any more than the typical player, but I guess it is impossible to know for sure.

Maybe your guy jumped two points in his MU, but had he not played in the playoffs he would have only increased 1 point? I doubt that is the case, but again there's no way to tell for sure.

I would be more inclined to believe that the FAQ is plain wrong in this instance, and the development is simply a matter of extra playing time, (which they also reference more than once in their "answer").
5/8/2018 9:13 PM
Winning a Minor League World Series Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.